* [NTG-context] Double sided pages leave a thin white line on the right side
@ 2023-10-28 14:11 Mia Bikey
From: Mia Bikey @ 2023-10-28 14:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

I was using \setuppagenumbering[alternative=doublesided] to get double
sided pages.
After doing that I noticed a thin white line on the right side.

Here is a Minimal Working Example:

ConTeXt  ver: 2023.09.26 18:19 LMTX

\setupbackgrounds[page][background=color,backgroundcolor=black]

\starttext
\stoptext

[-- Attachment #2: Thisishowitlooks.pdf --]

maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl / https://mailman.ntg.nl/mailman3/lists/ntg-context.ntg.nl

* [NTG-context] Re: Double sided pages leave a thin white line on the right side
@ 2023-10-28 14:14 ` Mikael Sundqvist
From: Mikael Sundqvist @ 2023-10-28 14:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

I cannot reproduce it, and I do not see a white line in your file.
Maybe I look at the wrong place.

/Mikael

@ 2023-10-28 14:20   ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2023-10-28 14:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mikael Sundqvist schrieb am 28.10.2023 um 16:14:
> Hi,
>
> I cannot reproduce it, and I do not see a white line in your file.
> Maybe I look at the wrong place.

Neither do I see a white line in the pdf.

Which OS and PDF reader do you use and have you checked with a different
reader?

Wolfgang

@ 2023-10-28 14:26     ` Mia Bikey
From: Mia Bikey @ 2023-10-28 14:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Well I was using firefox to open my pdf and did not check it on anything
else.
I opened the pdf in sumatra, adobe, microsoft edge and yeah there is no
white line.
Seems like it is a firefox issue then.
Thank You

@ 2023-10-28 15:07     ` Jim
From: Jim @ 2023-10-28 15:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, Oct 28, 2023 at 16:20 (+0200), Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> Mikael Sundqvist schrieb am 28.10.2023 um 16:14:
>> Hi,

>> I cannot reproduce it, and I do not see a white line in your file.
>> Maybe I look at the wrong place.

> Neither do I see a white line in the pdf.

> Which OS and PDF reader do you use and have you checked with a different
> reader?

For what it's worth, I see a white line at the very left side on Slackware
15.0 using acroread 9.5.5.

                                Jim

@ 2023-10-28 16:03       ` Pablo Rodriguez via ntg-context
From: Pablo Rodriguez via ntg-context @ 2023-10-28 16:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context; +Cc: Pablo Rodriguez

On 10/28/23 16:26, Mia Bikey wrote:
> Well I was using firefox to open my pdf and did not check it on anything
> else.
> I opened the pdf in sumatra, adobe, microsoft edge and yeah there is no
> white line.
> Seems like it is a firefox issue then.

Hi Mia,

opening your attachment with Firefox 119 (and the version of PDF.js that
comes with it) on Linux, I was not able to find any white line in your
attachment or in the output from the you source (with zoom set to 400%).

Just in case it might help,

Pablo

@ 2023-10-28 17:36         ` Mia Bikey
From: Mia Bikey @ 2023-10-28 17:36 UTC (permalink / raw)