* grid+formulas: bug or expected behavior?
@ 2019-05-31 18:46 Luca Donetti
From: Luca Donetti @ 2019-05-31 18:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear all,
I'm typesetting a document with grid layout and some formulas, like in the
minimal example below:

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
\setuplayout[grid=yes]
\showgrid

\starttext
\input knuth
%\blank
\startformula
  a = b + c
\stopformula
\input knuth
\stoptext
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

I don't have any specific need for the alignment of the formula with
respect to the grid, but I expect the text below the formula to be on the
grid. However, I've not been able to achieve that with any of the layout
options described in the latest "details.pdf" manual: in all cases I've
tried the text below the formula doesn't "sit" on the grid.

While I do not understand this behavior, I've thought that it could be the
intended one, because this is what happens in chapter 4 of the "details"
manual. Then, I noticed that in older versions of the same manual (for
example the one included in texlive 2017) the behavior shown in chapter 4
is the one I expect: the text after formulas is aligned to the grid. So I'm
a bit puzzled: should the text after formulas be aligned to the grid or
not? Is this a (known?) bug or intended behavior?

If this is the expected behavior, I can live with that because by trial and
error I found a workaround. If I employ a \blank command before the formula
(as in the commented line in the above example), the text after the formula
is "correctly" aligned.

Thank you in advance.

LD

* Re: grid+formulas: bug or expected behavior?
@ 2019-07-24 18:07 ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2019-07-24 18:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Zitat von Luca Donetti <donetti@gmail.com>:

> I don't have any specific need for the alignment of the formula with
> respect to the grid, but I expect the text below the formula to be on the
> grid. However, I've not been able to achieve that with any of the layout
> options described in the latest "details.pdf" manual: in all cases I've
> tried the text below the formula doesn't "sit" on the grid.

Looking through my unread ML mails, I saw nobody answered to you.

Did you try enclosing your formulae in \startlinecorrection ...
\stoplinecorrection ?
AFAIK that should do the job.

Greetlings, Hraban
---
https://www.fiee.net
http://wiki.contextgarden.net
https://www.dreiviertelhaus.de
GPG Key ID 1C9B22FD

* Re: grid+formulas: bug or expected behavior?
@ 2019-07-26 11:08 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2019-07-26 11:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

Luca Donetti schrieb am 31.05.2019 um 20:46:
> Dear all,
> I'm typesetting a document with grid layout and some formulas, like in
> the minimal example below:
>
> %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
> \setuplayout[grid=yes]
\setupformulas[option=depth]
> \showgrid
>
> \starttext
> \input knuth
> %\blank
> \startformula
> a = b + c
> \stopformula
> \input knuth
> \stoptext
> %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
Wolfgang

* Re: grid+formulas: bug or expected behavior?
@ 2019-07-26 16:52   ` Luca Donetti
From: Luca Donetti @ 2019-07-26 16:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thank you Wolfgang.
LD

@ 2019-07-26  7:35   ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2019-07-26  7:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Luca,
the size of your  message was a bit over the 100KByte limit of the mailing
list, but I have made an exception and approved it .
But (everybody) please stay under 100KByte, space is a precious resource.

--
luigi

* Re: grid+formulas: bug or expected behavior?
       [not found] <mailman.0.1564048801.22738.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2019-07-25 17:29 ` Luca Donetti
From: Luca Donetti @ 2019-07-25 17:29 UTC (permalink / raw)