From: Mohammad Hossein Bateni <bateni@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: How to use "fontsampler example" with Persian font
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2016 06:44:01 -0400	[thread overview]

This seems to not belong in the ConTeXt mailing list.  You'd be better off
asking it on Stack Exchange or on luatex mailing list.  The short answer is
it depends on the "format file" (and perhaps the LaTeX packages) you're
using.  Most probably, you either use "plain" or "latex", and then you
should see how they generate the page numbers and define a macro that
provides the Persian numbers, etc.  See how XePersian package handles it.
 (Search for \pagenumbering.)