* How can I create a table from a CSV file?
@ 2016-05-31  8:55 cryo shock
From: cryo shock @ 2016-05-31  8:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello together,

I am fighting with creating a table from a CSV file. I found the "MyWay"
doc by Mojca. But the doc is 10 years old and for example the command
\defineseperatedlist gives me an error: unkown command. Is there a newer
doc that I missed somewhere?

I have a CSV file with values seperated by tabs. What code should I use to
let CTX read the values and print them in the document?

Let's say the values are

11 tab 12 tab 13
21 tab 22 tab 23
31 tab 32 tab 33

and the file is called values.csv

Greetings, Seba

* Re: How can I create a table from a CSV file?
@ 2016-05-31 10:24 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2016-05-31 10:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 5/31/2016 10:55 AM, cryo shock wrote:
> Hello together,
>
> I am fighting with creating a table from a CSV file. I found the "MyWay"
> doc by Mojca. But the doc is 10 years old and for example the command
> \defineseperatedlist gives me an error: unkown command. Is there a newer
> doc that I missed somewhere?
>
> I have a CSV file with values seperated by tabs. What code should I use
> to let CTX read the values and print them in the document?
>
> Let's say the values are
>
> 11 tab 12 tab 13
> 21 tab 22 tab 23
> 31 tab 32 tab 33
>
> and the file is called values.csv

\usemodule[database]

\starttext

\defineseparatedlist
   [test]
   [separator=space, % tab
    before=\bTABLE,after=\eTABLE,
    first=\bTR,last=\eTR,
    left=\bTD,right=\eTD]

\processdatabasefile[test][csv.csv]

\stoptext

see m-database.mkiv for more examples

* Re: How can I create a table from a CSV file?
@ 2016-05-31 15:42   ` cryo shock
From: cryo shock @ 2016-05-31 15:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

I see, so I forgot to load the module in the beginning. Thanks a lot Hans.
I have two more questions if you allow.

First: is there a reliable source with all modules listed? Maybe even with
an explanation what they are used for? Because the wiki doesn't mention the
database module for example. Neither is it listed at modules.contextgarden.

And second, how exactly should a user use the *.mkiv files? The way I see
it is, that comments are within those files which give information on
usage. But am I right that those in fact are like source or data files for
context and that, fully understandable, you don't have the time to code CTX
and update the manual, so that you comment in those source files on how to
use CTX?

I hope that you don't get my second question the wrong way Hans. But I am
not a native english speaker, so the sense sometimes might seem other as
meant.
What I am trying to do is to understand how you work so that me and others
understand how to use CTX as efficiently as possible.

Furthermore I can't thank you enough for sharing CTX with us. Imho it is
much more logical than LaTeX for example and if CTX was no more, I don't
think I would start using LTX anymore but would go back to Writer or even
Word instead. ;-)

I wish you all the best. Greetings, Sebastian

@ 2016-05-31 18:07     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2016-05-31 18:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 5/31/2016 5:42 PM, cryo shock wrote:
> I see, so I forgot to load the module in the beginning. Thanks a lot Hans.
> I have two more questions if you allow.
>
> First: is there a reliable source with all modules listed? Maybe even
> with an explanation what they are used for? Because the wiki doesn't
> mention the database module for example. Neither is it listed at
> modules.contextgarden.

the amount is limited so i can imagine a volunteer making a list (that
we can then turn into a pdf doc

> And second, how exactly should a user use the *.mkiv files? The way I
> see it is, that comments are within those files which give information
> on usage. But am I right that those in fact are like source or data
> files for context and that, fully understandable, you don't have the
> time to code CTX and update the manual, so that you comment in those
> source files on how to use CTX?

indeed ... time is an issue (not much time left)

often one can just process module with context and get some examples

the test suits also has examples

> I hope that you don't get my second question the wrong way Hans. But I
> am not a native english speaker, so the sense sometimes might seem other
> as meant.
> What I am trying to do is to understand how you work so that me and
> others understand how to use CTX as efficiently as possible.

sure

> Furthermore I can't thank you enough for sharing CTX with us. Imho it is
> much more logical than LaTeX for example and if CTX was no more, I don't
> think I would start using LTX anymore but would go back to Writer or
> even Word instead. ;-)

thanks

* Re: How can I create a table from a CSV file?
@ 2016-06-01  3:53     ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2016-06-01  3:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 2016-05-31 um 21:42 schrieb cryo shock <axteffekt@gmail.com>:

> First: is there a reliable source with all modules listed? Maybe even with an explanation what they are used for? Because the wiki doesn't mention the database module for example. Neither is it listed at modules.contextgarden.

There is http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Modules
If something’s missing, please add it. But the database module is listed.

Greetlings, Hraban
---
http://www.fiee.net
http://wiki.contextgarden.net
https://www.cacert.org (I'm an assurer)
GPG Key ID 1C9B22FD

[-- Attachment #1.2: Message signed with OpenPGP using GPGMail --]

* Husayni font
@ 2016-06-02  6:18       ` Jean-Pierre Delange
From: Jean-Pierre Delange @ 2016-06-02  6:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello dear fellows,

On Stack Exchange a ConTeXt user is looking for the Arabic husayni.ttf font, which was build by Prof. Idris Samawi Hamid and included in "goodies" ConTeXt by Hans Hagen. It appears, according to this link :http://texdoc.net/texmf-dist/tex/context/fonts/husayni.lfg, that this font is available in "goodies" with ConTeXt Standalone...

The question is : why - even after setting fonts export OSFONTDIR="/usr/local/share/fonts;$HOME/.fonts/Library" and a 'mtxrun --scripts fonts --reload' command - no known husayni font seems to be available ?
 Did I miss something ?
Thanks,
JP

* Re: Husayni font