For the record, here is my solution until the issue is fixed for RTL. \setupformula[distance=0pt] This causes the formula numbers to be at the proper place for left/right as well as LTR/RTL. It prevents some custom placement of the formula number, which I do not care about. —MHB On Mon, May 15, 2017 at 11:09 PM, Mohammad Hossein Bateni wrote: > Hi Hans, > > I recall something like this was reported a few months back, and you said > you were reworking math alignment mechanisms at the time. Now that you're > getting ready for the Tex Live version, I want to bring attention to this > issue once again, in the hope of getting it resolved. > > Formula numbers are not placed at the far end when in RTL. Here is a MWE: > > > \starttext > > \input knuth > > \placeformula > \startformula > E = mc^2. > \stopformula > > \righttoleft > > \placeformula > \startformula > E = mc^2. > \stopformula > > \stoptext > > > Attached is the result from context version 2017.05.14 19:09. Using > \setupformula[location=left] gives similar results with directions swapped: > output is as desired in LTR but slightly off the edge in RTL. > > Thanks, > MHB >