* Re: LMTX for alpine linux (musl)
@ 2020-01-03 10:25 Martin Hasoň
From: Martin Hasoň @ 2020-01-03 10:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

>> Hi all,
>>
>> I would like use the LMTX in alpine linux (musl). Is this version
planned to be prepared?
>> Best regards
>> Martin Hasoň
>
> What's the oldest version of Alpine that we would want to support?
>
> Mojca

I want to make the new lmtx tags for docker image minidocks/context
https://hub.docker.com/r/minidocks/context. I would support the latest
Alpine (3.11 or 3.10).

Martin

* Re: LMTX for alpine linux (musl)
@ 2020-01-04  9:38   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2020-01-04  9:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 1/3/2020 8:23 AM, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> On Thu, 2 Jan 2020 at 14:42, Martin Hasoň wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I would like use the LMTX in alpine linux (musl). Is this version planned to be prepared?
>
> What's the oldest version of Alpine that we would want to support?
why not support he latest ... and assume folks keep up

Hans

* Re: LMTX for alpine linux (musl)
@ 2020-01-03  7:31   ` Henri Menke
From: Henri Menke @ 2020-01-03  7:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 1/3/20 8:23 PM, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> On Thu, 2 Jan 2020 at 14:42, Martin Hasoň wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I would like use the LMTX in alpine linux (musl). Is this version planned to be prepared?
>
> What's the oldest version of Alpine that we would want to support?

Regular LuaTeX can be built on Alpine 3.1 or newer.  See also

    https://github.com/TeX-Live/luatex/blob/trunk/.travis.yml

Cheers,
Henri

@ 2020-01-03  7:23 ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2020-01-03  7:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2020-01-02 14:26 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2020-01-02 14:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 1/2/2020 2:43 PM, Martin Hasoň wrote:

> I would like use the LMTX in alpine linux (musl). Is this version
> planned to be prepared?
I don't know what else is needed compared to regular linux but if so,
then you need to convince Mojca to set up a build client for it.

At some point the source tree will be an integral part of the context
distribution so then one can compile on the platform in use (assuming
that nothing special is needed).

Hans

* LMTX for alpine linux (musl)
@ 2020-01-02 13:43 Martin Hasoň