I think that what confused me the most is that "\setupbodyfont[pagella]" works fine, but "\definefontfamily[mainface][rm][pagella]" does not. On Sun, Dec 6, 2020 at 7:03 AM T. Kurt Bond wrote: > I've got a small ConTeXt source file, that is a minimization of a file > generated by the the ConTeXt output of pandoc using pandoc features to set > the main font to ebgaramond: > > \definefallbackfamily[mainface][rm][CMU Serif][preset=range:greek, > force=yes] > \definefontfamily[mainface][rm][ebgaramond] > \definefontfamily[mainface][mm][Latin Modern Math] > \definefontfamily[mainface][ss][Latin Modern Sans] > \definefontfamily[mainface][tt][Latin Modern Typewriter][features=none] > \setupbodyfont[mainface] > > \starttext > > Is this text in Pagella? > > \stoptext > > > When I run it through context it works and produces output that uses the > EBGaramond font. The following also work: antykwapoltawskiego, asana, > cambria, charter, ebgaramond, gentium, inconsolata, iwona, kurier, lato, > punknova, stix, and xits. But other things, like palatino and pagella and > dejavu. Those end up using Latin Modern Roman. > > I realize I don't understand ConTeXt's font handling and typescripts very > well, could someone explain why some of those things work, and others don't? > > I'll note that pandoc generates this because it lets users of pandoc > specify different fonts for the main body font, the math font, the sans > font, and the mono font. > > Can anybody suggest a different way of doing that, which works more often > or more simply? > -- > T. Kurt Bond, tkurtbond@gmail.com, https://tkurtbond.github.io > -- T. Kurt Bond, tkurtbond@gmail.com, https://tkurtbond.github.io