* Every odd row with a background color with extreme tables?
@ 2021-07-23 15:55 T. Kurt Bond
From: T. Kurt Bond @ 2021-07-23 15:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

With natural tables I can define a color, tell the table to have to
use color backgrounds and turn the frame off and get every odd row in
all my tables will have that color for the background.

========== Example ============================================================
\definecolor[grayback][r=.8,g=.8,b=.8]
\setupTABLE[background=color,frame=off]
\setupTABLE[row][odd][backgroundcolor=grayback]
========== End of Example =====================================================

Can I get this same effect with extreme tables?

My first try with extreme tables looked like this:

========== Example ============================================================
\definecolor[tablebackground][r=.8,g=.8,b=.8]
\setupxtable[background=color,frame=off]
\setupxtable[row][odd][backgroundcolor=tablebackground]
========== End of Example =====================================================

That didn't seem to have any effect.

Is there a way to have every odd row of every table in my document
have color background?

--
T. Kurt Bond, tkurtbond@gmail.com, tkurtbond.github.io and tkb.tx0.org

* Re: Every odd row with a background color with extreme tables?
@ 2021-07-23 16:34 ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2021-07-23 16:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Am 23.07.2021 um 17:55 schrieb T. Kurt Bond <tkurtbond@gmail.com>:
>
> With natural tables I can define a color, tell the table to have to
> use color backgrounds and turn the frame off and get every odd row in
> all my tables will have that color for the background.
>
> Can I get this same effect with extreme tables?
>
> My first try with extreme tables looked like this:
>
> ========== Example ============================================================
> \definecolor[tablebackground][r=.8,g=.8,b=.8]
> \setupxtable[background=color,frame=off]
> \setupxtable[row][odd][backgroundcolor=tablebackground]
> ========== End of Example =====================================================
>
> That didn't seem to have any effect.

\setupxtables has only a limited set of parameters:
https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Command/setupxtable

> Is there a way to have every odd row of every table in my document
> have color background?

As far as I can see, only via “styles” that you can setup with \definextable:

https://www.pragma-ade.com/general/manuals/xtables-mkiv.pdf

Hraban

* Re: Every odd row with a background color with extreme tables?
@ 2021-07-23 17:01 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2021-07-23 17:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

T. Kurt Bond schrieb am 23.07.2021 um 17:55:
> With natural tables I can define a color, tell the table to have to
> use color backgrounds and turn the frame off and get every odd row in
> all my tables will have that color for the background.
>
> ========== Example ============================================================
> \definecolor[grayback][r=.8,g=.8,b=.8]
> \setupTABLE[background=color,frame=off]
> \setupTABLE[row][odd][backgroundcolor=grayback]
> ========== End of Example =====================================================
>
> Can I get this same effect with extreme tables?
>
> My first try with extreme tables looked like this:
>
> ========== Example ============================================================
> \definecolor[tablebackground][r=.8,g=.8,b=.8]
> \setupxtable[background=color,frame=off]
> \setupxtable[row][odd][backgroundcolor=tablebackground]
> ========== End of Example =====================================================
>
> That didn't seem to have any effect.
>
> Is there a way to have every odd row of every table in my document
> have color background?

\startuseMPgraphic{xtablerow}
     fill OverlayBox withcolor "gray";
\stopuseMPgraphic

\defineoverlay
   [xtablerow]
   [\ifodd\currentxtablerow
      \useMPgraphic{xtablerow}%
    \fi]

\starttext

\startxtable[frame=off,background=xtablerow]
\dorecurse{20}
   {\startxrow
      \startxcell Column 1 \stopxcell
      \startxcell Column 2 \stopxcell
    \stopxrow}
\stopxtable

\stoptext

Wolfgang

* Re: Every odd row with a background color with extreme tables?
@ 2021-07-23 17:50   ` T. Kurt Bond
From: T. Kurt Bond @ 2021-07-23 17:50 UTC (permalink / raw)