I got LMTX running on macOS Catalina. I followed the directions here for versions prior to Catalina, including authorizing the mtxrun script through Security & Privacy General tab. The first run of install.sh stopped with the errors: cp: cannot stat '/Users/tkb/context-osx-64/tex/texmf-context/scripts/context/lua/mtxrun.lua': No such file or directory cp: cannot stat '/Users/tkb/context-osx-64/tex/texmf-context/scripts/context/lua/mtx-install.lua': No such file or directory So I ran install.sh again. This time it said a bunch of things were missing and downloaded them. It seemed to finish ok, so I ran context on my document and it produced a PDF! (The ConTexT with TeXLive 2018 and TeXLive 2019 both died on this document with different unhelpful errors, by the way.) Both LMTX and TeXLive 2019 ran 5 to 10 times slower than TeXLive 2018, and both complain about "fuzzy paragraphs" with a list of U+XXXX codepoints. What's that mean? However, the PDF has unwanted whitespace in many areas. - It has unwanted whitespace between the entries in the Table of Contents. - It has unwanted whitespace before and after section headings, despite me having "before={},after={}" in the \setuphead commands for all the levels of sections. - And it had a large unwanted white space between paragraphs until I \setupwhitespace[none]. I'd prefer a little bit of white space between paragraphs, but I tried \setupwhitespace[0.5ex] and \definemeasure[between][0.25ex] with \setupwhitespace[\measure{between}], and \setupwhitespace[5pt] but all those went back to way too much white space between paragraphs. Any ideas? -- T. Kurt Bond, tkurtbond@gmail.com