* Add new unit to \unit comand
@ 2013-10-03 12:19 Giuseppe Fierro
From: Giuseppe Fierro @ 2013-10-03 12:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

I'm a civil engineer and I like to use ConTeXt to write my report etc.
As engineer i use a lot of units in my writing and the \unit command works
nice with this.

What I need is a new unit, a quadratic unit like this:
Area Moment of Inertia - Metric units mm4 cm4 m4

This kind of units are quite common in civil engineer.

This is an example of what i want in ConTeXt

\starttext
 \unit{230.00 m^2}

 \unit{230.00 m^3}

 \unit{230.00 m^4}
\stoptext

Thank you
Giuseppe Fierro

represent those of fierro.org.

error.

* Re: Add new unit to \unit comand
@ 2013-10-04  8:19 ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2013-10-04  8:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, Oct 3, 2013 at 2:19 PM, Giuseppe Fierro <giuseppe@fierro.org> wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm a civil engineer and I like to use ConTeXt to write my report etc.
> As engineer i use a lot of units in my writing and the \unit command works
> nice with this.
>
> What I need is a new unit, a quadratic unit like this:
> Area Moment of Inertia - Metric units mm4 cm4 m4
>
> This kind of units are quite common in civil engineer.
>
> This is an example of what i want in ConTeXt
>
> \starttext
>  \unit{230.00 m^2}
>
>  \unit{230.00 m^3}
>
>  \unit{230.00 m^4}
> \stoptext
>
> Thank you
> Giuseppe Fierro

\usemodule[units]
\def\Quartic   {\dimensionpower{4}}

\starttext
Area Moment of Inertia is {10 \Quartic \Meter}  or

Area Moment of Inertia is {10 \Quartic \Deci\Meter}  or

Area Moment of Inertia is {10 \Quartic \Centi\Meter}  or

Area Moment of Inertia is {10 \Quartic \Milli\Meter}  or
%% watch the space !

Area Moment of Inertia is 10 \Quartic \Meter\  or

Area Moment of Inertia is 10 \Quartic \Meter  or

\stoptext

P.S:
http://www.guitex.org/home/en/meeting
I will be there.