Thank you both! We should get the TikZ devs to accept patches already. does anyone know anyone who has CVS access? Apart from Aditya’s hack, I’d also like to see Joseph Wright’s hackfor ConTeXt’s CMYK colors in TikZ. Maybe we should create a module from user-created TikZ hacks that make it work better with ConTeXt, and link to it on ConTeXtgarden? PS: Aditya, does your module provide everything you’d expect? like \tikzstyle, \usetikzlibrary[something], \tikz\node{};, …? I don’t exactly know the inner workings of plain TeX… philipp