I'm having trouble scaling down symbols and emojis. For a while I assumed these don't scale with the current font size. Then I scoured the mailing list and realized that while scaling down seems broken, scaling up works as expected: \usesymbols[mvs] \setupsymbolset[martinvogel 2] %\showallmakeup \starttext % Progressively larger as expected. \symbol[ShortForty] {\tfa\symbol[ShortForty]} {\tfb\symbol[ShortForty]} {\tfc\symbol[ShortForty]} {\tfd\symbol[ShortForty]} % Unexpectedly all the same size. \symbol[ShortForty] {\tfx\symbol[ShortForty]} {\tfxx\symbol[ShortForty]} % This works, but why? Isn't \small just a synonym for \tfx via % \definealternativestyle? Anyway there is no synonym for \tfxx. \symbol[ShortForty] {\switchtobodyfont[small]\symbol[ShortForty]} {\small\symbol[ShortForty]} % This also works but is less than ideal when matching surrounding font sizes. % Which factor should I use to match \tfxx? \symbol[ShortForty] \scale[factor=4]{\symbol[ShortForty]} % Same as above comment, more or less. \symbol[ShortForty] {\switchtobodyfont[5pt]\symbol[ShortForty]} \stoptext * MWE for builtin symbols; emojis require local fonts. I assume whichever solution would apply equally to either. thanks,