On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 9:51 AM, Cecil Westerhof wrote: > 2011/7/14 John Haltiwanger > >> I installed them. (When you know what to do, it is not hard.) Now I can >> change the document. The only problem is that when deleting a page, or >> adding a page, etc., the index and the page numbering does not change. But >> that could be that I do not understand Adobe. Five minutes is hardly enough >> to learn to work with it. >> >>> >>> >> This would be a funciton of typesetting. The table of contents is indexed >> to the document as it is typeset, not dynamically throughout its existence. >> If you were to delete all the pages except for the table of contents, it >> would still refer to all the same pages. >> >> If this is a necessary part of your workflow, then it sounds like a >> WYSIWYG tool like Scribus or InDesign is more appropriate (unfortunately). >> > > The problem is that my document already is finished. First I could just > deliver a PDF file. Now they want to edit it themselves. Or can I generate > from my tex file something that has the meta information and can be edited > in Scribus? > > Nope. As Mojca mentioned, PDF does not account for this kind of thing. I mentioned those tools as a basis for constructing an entire document from scratch. They have automatic page referencing similar to Context, but not in a post-hoc fashion. If they are only copy editing, I think you would be best served by exporting to xhtml. I generally write all my documents in Markdown and convert using Pandoc, so I'm not familiar with Context's xhtml capacities. If they are doing layout.. Ouch.