* Font glyph replacement regression
@ 2021-06-20 19:51 Christoph Reller
From: Christoph Reller @ 2021-06-20 19:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

In my documents I use the MyriadPro font of Adobe. Until recently, some
glyphs were automatically replaced (in a correct way) for this font. In
ConTeXt LMTX version 2021.09.18, the replacement stopped working:

1. En dash and em dash: "--" and "---" are not by default replaced any
more. Using the font feature "trep" brings back the replacement in this
case. See https://www.mail-archive.com/ntg-context@ntg.nl/msg98162.html

2. Apostrophe: "'" is not replaced by the proper apostrophe anymore.
Unfortunately, I don't know any font feature to bring back this replacement.

Any hints for this issue? (I can provide the MyriadPro font for debugging
purposes.)

Cheers,

Christoph

* Re: Font glyph replacement regression
@ 2021-06-20 22:00 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2021-06-20 22:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 6/20/2021 9:51 PM, Christoph Reller wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In my documents I use the MyriadPro font of Adobe. Until recently, some
> glyphs were automatically replaced (in a correct way) for this font. In
> ConTeXt LMTX version 2021.09.18, the replacement stopped working:
>
> 1. En dash and em dash: "--" and "---" are not by default replaced any
> more. Using the font feature "trep" brings back the replacement in this
> case. See https://www.mail-archive.com/ntg-context@ntg.nl/msg98162.html
> <https://www.mail-archive.com/ntg-context@ntg.nl/msg98162.html>
>
> 2. Apostrophe: "'" is not replaced by the proper apostrophe anymore.
> Unfortunately, I don't know any font feature to bring back this replacement.
>
> Any hints for this issue? (I can provide the MyriadPro font for
> debugging purposes.)
an exmaple would help

* Re: Font glyph replacement regression
@ 2021-06-21  7:08   ` Christoph Reller
From: Christoph Reller @ 2021-06-21  7:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, Jun 21, 2021 at 12:00 AM Hans Hagen <j.hagen@xs4all.nl> wrote:

> On 6/20/2021 9:51 PM, Christoph Reller wrote:
> > In my documents I use the MyriadPro font of Adobe. Until recently, some
> > glyphs were automatically replaced (in a correct way) for this font. In
> > ConTeXt LMTX version 2021.09.18, the replacement stopped working:
> >
> > 1. En dash and em dash: "--" and "---" are not by default replaced any
> > more. Using the font feature "trep" brings back the replacement in this
> > case. See https://www.mail-archive.com/ntg-context@ntg.nl/msg98162.html
> > <https://www.mail-archive.com/ntg-context@ntg.nl/msg98162.html>

Actually: Font feature "tlig" brings back the en-dash and em-dashes.

> > 2. Apostrophe: "'" is not replaced by the proper apostrophe anymore.
> > Unfortunately, I don't know any font feature to bring back this
> replacement.

Actually: Font feature "trep" brings back the apostrophe replacement.

> > Any hints for this issue?
> an example would help

Sorry for the noise.

@ 2021-06-21 10:09     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2021-06-21 10:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 6/21/2021 9:08 AM, Christoph Reller wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 21, 2021 at 12:00 AM Hans Hagen <j.hagen@xs4all.nl
> <mailto:j.hagen@xs4all.nl>> wrote:
>
>     On 6/20/2021 9:51 PM, Christoph Reller wrote:
>      > In my documents I use the MyriadPro font of Adobe. Until
>     recently, some
>      > glyphs were automatically replaced (in a correct way) for this
>     font. In
>      > ConTeXt LMTX version 2021.09.18, the replacement stopped working:
>      >
>      > 1. En dash and em dash: "--" and "---" are not by default
>     replaced any
>      > more. Using the font feature "trep" brings back the replacement
>     in this
>      > case. See
>     https://www.mail-archive.com/ntg-context@ntg.nl/msg98162.html
>     <https://www.mail-archive.com/ntg-context@ntg.nl/msg98162.html>
>      > <https://www.mail-archive.com/ntg-context@ntg.nl/msg98162.html
>     <https://www.mail-archive.com/ntg-context@ntg.nl/msg98162.html>>
>
> Actually: Font feature "tlig" brings back the en-dash and em-dashes.
>
>      > 2. Apostrophe: "'" is not replaced by the proper apostrophe anymore.
>      > Unfortunately, I don't know any font feature to bring back this
>     replacement.
I still wonder why -- and --- it don't work at your end because that
should be handled without the tlig (unless disabled). It works ok here.

Hans