* Alternative for selector in LMTX for different heading and reference texts for descriptions
@ 2020-12-19 17:05 Christoph Reller
From: Christoph Reller @ 2020-12-19 17:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

In ConTeXt MKIV, there are selectors (\defineselector, \select). In ConTeXt
LMTX, they are gone.

In LMTX, how can I achieve the following without using selectors:
(Different heading and reference texts for descriptions)

\defineselector[sel][max=2, n=2]
\definedescription[desc][headcommand={\setupselector[sel][n=1]}]
\starttext
\startdesc[title={\select{sel}{Long title}{Short}}, reference=desc]
  \input jojomayer
\stopdesc
\about[desc]
\stoptext

Any help is welcome!
Cheers,
Christoph

* Re: Alternative for selector in LMTX for different heading and reference texts for descriptions
@ 2020-12-19 18:16 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2020-12-19 18:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 12/19/2020 6:05 PM, Christoph Reller wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In ConTeXt MKIV, there are selectors (\defineselector, \select). In
> ConTeXt LMTX, they are gone.
>
> In LMTX, how can I achieve the following without using selectors:
> (Different heading and reference texts for descriptions)
>
> \defineselector[sel][max=2, n=2]
> \definedescription[desc][headcommand={\setupselector[sel][n=1]}]
> \starttext
> \startdesc[title={\select{sel}{Long title}{Short}}, reference=desc]
>    \input jojomayer
> \stopdesc
> \about[desc]
> \stoptext

Hm, I'll check it.

> Any help is welcome!

Actually, what you want is:

\definedescription
   [desc]

\starttext

     \startdesc[title={Long title},reference=foo,referencetext={Short
Title}]
         \input jojomayer
     \stopdesc

     \about[foo]

\stoptext

So I'll add that (after all, occasionally we need to add some
functionality in order to indicate progress.)

Hans

* Re: Alternative for selector in LMTX for different heading and reference texts for descriptions
@ 2020-12-19 21:43   ` Christoph Reller
From: Christoph Reller @ 2020-12-19 21:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans Hagen <j.hagen@xs4all.nl> schrieb am Sa., 19. Dez. 2020, 19:16:

> Actually, what you want is:
>
> \definedescription
>    [desc]
>
> \starttext
>
>      \startdesc[title={Long title},reference=foo,referencetext={Short
> Title}]
>          \input jojomayer
>      \stopdesc
>
>      \about[foo]
>
> \stoptext
>
> So I'll add that (after all, occasionally we need to add some
> functionality in order to indicate progress.)

Great! That would be a good solution for me.
Thanks,

@ 2020-12-22  4:25     ` Christoph Reller
From: Christoph Reller @ 2020-12-22  4:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, Dec 19, 2020 at 10:43 PM Christoph Reller <
christoph.reller@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hans Hagen <j.hagen@xs4all.nl> schrieb am Sa., 19. Dez. 2020, 19:16:
>
>> Actually, what you want is:
>>
>> \definedescription[desc]
>> \starttext
>>      \startdesc[title={Long title},reference=foo,referencetext={Short
>> Title}]
>>          \input jojomayer
>>      \stopdesc
>>      \about[foo]
>> \stoptext
>>
>> So I'll add that (after all, occasionally we need to add some
>> functionality in order to indicate progress.)
>

> Great! That would be a good solution for me.
> Thanks,
> Christoph

Thank you for the implementation, Hans!

 A small issue: When omitting the referencetext, then the shown text is now
something like "248>desc:referencetext".

MWE:
\definedescription[desc]
\starttext
\startdesc[title=Long title, reference=foo]%, referencetext=Short title]
  \input jojomayer
\stopdesc
\about[foo]
\stoptext

For backward compatibility, it might be better to use the title as a
default for the reference test.

@ 2020-12-25 19:50       ` Christoph Reller
From: Christoph Reller @ 2020-12-25 19:50 UTC (permalink / raw)