On 11/6/2014 9:58 AM, Hans Hagen wrote: > we could have a specific filename cleaner but of course there will be > users who have paths that have spaces after the \ ... okay, we could > just not support evil paths like that > > Hans A rigorous filename cleaner would have to treat a huge number of possible Unicodes. This is overkill. I believe the best would be to have a cleaner for all ascii "symbols". That would fit most purposes of writing file names and URIs: !#"$%&'*()+,-./:;<=>?@[\]^_`{|}~ Of the above characters the following are disallowed on NTFS: "*/:<>?| Still I think they should be included in the cleaner. If % or # pose problems then they may be omitted. With the current "absolute"-cleaner, a space after \ is preserved correctly, so I don't understand your comment: \definetype[ctype][compact=absolute]\starttext \bTABLE\bTR\bTD \ctype{\a\ b} \eTD\eTR\eTABLE\stoptext I would be glad if you could implement such a "ascii-symbol"-cleaner. Thanks, Christoph