* Table disappears in floatcombination
@ 2020-12-25 20:47 Christoph Reller
From: Christoph Reller @ 2020-12-25 20:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Consider the following MWE:

\definefloat[combination][figure]
\setupcaptions[
  number=no, %<- comment and table appears
  align=flushright]
\starttext
\startplacecombination[title=Combination]
  \startfloatcombination
    \startplacetable%[title=Table] %<- uncomment and table appears
      \bTABLE \bTR \bTD Cell \eTD \eTR \eTABLE
    \stopplacetable
  \stopfloatcombination
\stopplacecombination
\stoptext

In the latest LMTX version of ConTeXt, the table is not shown. (In MKIV it
is present.) Either commenting line 3 or activating the table title in line
8 makes the table appear.

Also, once the captions appear, they don't align on the right side. When
changing the caption alignment to "align=flushleft", they align perfectly
on the left side.

Am I doing something wrong?

Cheers,

Christoph

* Re: Table disappears in floatcombination
@ 2020-12-26  9:54 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2020-12-26  9:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 12/25/2020 9:47 PM, Christoph Reller wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Consider the following MWE:
>
> \definefloat[combination][figure]
> \setupcaptions[
>    number=no, %<- comment and table appears
>    align=flushright]
> \starttext
> \startplacecombination[title=Combination]
>    \startfloatcombination
>      \startplacetable%[title=Table] %<- uncomment and table appears
>        \bTABLE \bTR \bTD Cell \eTD \eTR \eTABLE
>      \stopplacetable
>    \stopfloatcombination
> \stopplacecombination
> \stoptext
>
> In the latest LMTX version of ConTeXt, the table is not shown. (In MKIV
> it is present.) Either commenting line 3 or activating the table title
> in line 8 makes the table appear.

what version of mkiv did you test?

@ 2020-12-26 13:56   ` Christoph Reller
       [not found]     ` <28f5408b-72bc-22f9-6b2d-eb5569e9e0f2@xs4all.nl>
From: Christoph Reller @ 2020-12-26 13:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, Dec 26, 2020 at 10:54 AM Hans Hagen <j.hagen@xs4all.nl> wrote:

> On 12/25/2020 9:47 PM, Christoph Reller wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Consider the following MWE:
> >
> > \definefloat[combination][figure]
> > \setupcaptions[
> >    number=no, %<- comment and table appears
> >    align=flushright]
> > \starttext
> > \startplacecombination[title=Combination]
> >    \startfloatcombination
> >      \startplacetable%[title=Table] %<- uncomment and table appears
> >        \bTABLE \bTR \bTD Cell \eTD \eTR \eTABLE
> >      \stopplacetable
> >    \stopfloatcombination
> > \stopplacecombination
> > \stoptext
> >
> > In the latest LMTX version of ConTeXt, the table is not shown. (In MKIV
> > it is present.) Either commenting line 3 or activating the table title
> > in line 8 makes the table appear.
>
> what version of mkiv did you test?

Okay, the MKIV version is a little bit dated: 2018.05.19_21.46.
Still: How can I get floats without captions within a
floatcombination environment?

       [not found]       ` <CAO8LnPETQda+Y1yT4eZGkrg1QoD+a96X-7CqpBc8=xefoM+F2w@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2021-03-28 10:44         ` Christoph Reller
From: Christoph Reller @ 2021-03-28 10:44 UTC (permalink / raw)