Hi Hans, First and foremost: Thank you for uploading the Beta! This solves the problem I have reported with \reference and focus=standard: https://www.mail-archive.com/ntg-context%40ntg.nl/msg79620.html On Tue, Feb 23, 2016 at 12:00 PM Hans Hagen wrote: > > On 2/23/2016 12:21 AM, Pablo Rodriguez wrote: > > > I think that (futhermore not being a default) ConTeXt should implemente > > what is an ISO standard nowadays. > > well, i have been quite active in implementing what pdf provided and > constantly had to adapt to what acrobat finally implemented (often the > standard was ahead) and > ... > I agree with you and Pablo: the ISO standard is what counts. And I believe that named destinations, their use, and viewer behavior is described there clearly. ... so one handicap for me is that i won't make test docs for it > I will try to provide minimal examples that I believe are so common that the viewer behavior should be clear. ... > > And sorry, not being the default, why is wrong reading pages in fit to > > width mode? > > that one still has to make sure that there is a reasonable view area (so > that one sees what went and comes) ... i'm not sure how you handle it > but esp jumping from page to page in a fit width mode is quite annoying; > fit width actually makes sense when one makes each chapter (or section) > into one long page and i actually played with it but i found no viewer > capable to keep the same scale each page > I believe that many people have to make compromises, e.g., cannot afford the time or money to produce both a screen version and a print version of a document. I believe that the fit-width mode is a good compromise - as long as it is viewed in "continuous" viewing mode. ... > > Is there anything that I can do to help? I’m especially interested in > > this feature. > > small few page examples with predictable positioning and predictable > spacing (btw, footnotes will always be sort of a pain as they are > rendered in special ways, but footnotes should be forbidden anyway; if > a doc is also for screen endnotes are way better) > I agree with you about footnotes. And, as mentioned above, I will try to come up with decent example documents. There are still cases in my documents that don't work and i will try to minimize these. Thanks again for your effort! Christoph