On Fri, 1 Dec 2017 12:49:33 +0100 luigi scarso wrote: > On Fri, Dec 1, 2017 at 10:14 AM, Christoph Reller > wrote: > > \starttext > > Text \footnote{Bla} > > \startitemize[columns] > > \item Item > > \stopitemize > > \stoptext > > > > In the rendered output, the footnote is drawn on top of the item (see > > attached output.png). I am afraid this looks like a bug. Please consider > > fixing this or tell me how to make footnotes render in the footnote area. > > dunno if it's a bug, > but I usually do > > \starttext > Text \footnote{Bla} > \startcolumns > \startitemize > \item \input knuth\relax > \item \input knuth\relax > \stopitemize > \stopcolumns > \stoptext Thank you for your answer Luigi! (And sorry for my slow response - spam filter was doing crazy things.) Your solution indeed makes the footnote appear at the right place. But the layout is not the same as with \startitemize[columns]. Consider: Text \footnote{Bla} \startcolumns \startitemize \dorecurse{8}{\item Item} \stopitemize \stopcolumns This results in 5 "Item"s in the left column and 3 "Item"s in the right column. On the other hand Text \footnote{Bla} \startitemize[columns] \dorecurse{8}{\item Item} \stopitemize results in 4 "Item"s in both columns, which IMHO is more correct. Don't you agree that \startitmize[columns] is buggy with respect to footnotes? Or is the [columns] parameter not supported anymore? Cheers, Christoph