* Fifth ConTeXt meeting, September 2011, France
@ 2010-10-03 20:25 Arthur Reutenauer
From: Arthur Reutenauer @ 2010-10-03 20:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

	Hello everyone,

  This must be the second thread I initiate this year on the list, but unlike
my previous post (http://www.ntg.nl/pipermail/ntg-context/2010/048296.html),
this is actually serious.

  I hereby announce the next ConTeXt meeting, that will take place on
the island of Porquerolles off the coast of the French Riviera,
from Monday, September 19th, 2011, to Saturday, September 24th.  The
conference venue has been pre-booked for these dates, so this is firm.
Of course, there is yet nothing like a set program at this moment, so
we're expecting your proposals (there will be a formal call for papers
later).

  Watch this page:

	http://meeting.contextgarden.net/2011/

  Registration is not yet open, but will be in a few weeks.  The fee is
notably higher than it was for the previous ConTeXt meetings (see
http://meeting.contextgarden.net/2011/fee.shtml).  I'm sorry about that,
but that is the best I can do in this place, short of feeding on black
roots and camping in the woods or on the beach (which is forbidden
anyway on the island, it's a protected area apart for the village).  But
food will instead be excellent, obviously, and wine is included in the
price of the meals (that was actually one of the first things I was told
by the people at the conference venue).

	See you in Porquerolles!

		Arthur

* Re: Fifth ConTeXt meeting, September 2011, France
@ 2010-10-03 20:54 ` Steffen Wolfrum
From: Steffen Wolfrum @ 2010-10-03 20:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 03.10.2010 um 22:25 schrieb Arthur Reutenauer:

> 	Hello everyone,
>
>  This must be the second thread I initiate this year on the list, but unlike
> my previous post (http://www.ntg.nl/pipermail/ntg-context/2010/048296.html),
> this is actually serious.
>
>  I hereby announce the next ConTeXt meeting, that will take place on
> the island of Porquerolles off the coast of the French Riviera,
> from Monday, September 19th, 2011, to Saturday, September 24th.  The
> conference venue has been pre-booked for these dates, so this is firm.
> Of course, there is yet nothing like a set program at this moment, so
> we're expecting your proposals (there will be a formal call for papers
> later).
>
>  Watch this page:
>
> 	http://meeting.contextgarden.net/2011/
>
>  Registration is not yet open, but will be in a few weeks.  The fee is
> notably higher than it was for the previous ConTeXt meetings (see
> http://meeting.contextgarden.net/2011/fee.shtml).  I'm sorry about that,
> but that is the best I can do in this place, short of feeding on black
> roots and camping in the woods or on the beach (which is forbidden
> anyway on the island, it's a protected area apart for the village).  But
> food will instead be excellent, obviously, and wine is included in the
> price of the meals (that was actually one of the first things I was told
> by the people at the conference venue).
>
> 	See you in Porquerolles!

That's a real nice perspective (... in the face of long, cold and dark months of winter coming close ;o)

See you in Porquerolles!

Steffen

* Re: Fifth ConTeXt meeting, September 2011, France
@ 2011-07-04 20:05 ` Martin Schröder
From: Martin Schröder @ 2011-07-04 20:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

2010/10/3 Arthur Reutenauer <arthur.reutenauer@normalesup.org>:
>  I hereby announce the next ConTeXt meeting, that will take place on
> the island of Porquerolles off the coast of the French Riviera,
> from Monday, September 19th, 2011, to Saturday, September 24th.  The
> conference venue has been pre-booked for these dates, so this is firm.
> Of course, there is yet nothing like a set program at this moment, so
> we're expecting your proposals (there will be a formal call for papers
> later).
>
>  Watch this page:
>
>        http://meeting.contextgarden.net/2011/

Only 76 days left.

When will we have updates on the web page for
- travel information
- schedule
- payment information
- program

Best
   Martin

* Re: Fifth ConTeXt meeting, September 2011, France
@ 2011-07-05 11:07   ` Alan Braslau
From: Alan Braslau @ 2011-07-05 11:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, Jul 04, 2011 at 10:05:14PM +0200, Martin Schröder wrote:
> 2010/10/3 Arthur Reutenauer <arthur.reutenauer@normalesup.org>:
> >  I hereby announce the next ConTeXt meeting, that will take place on
> > the island of Porquerolles off the coast of the French Riviera,
> > from Monday, September 19th, 2011, to Saturday, September 24th.  The
> > conference venue has been pre-booked for these dates, so this is firm.
> > Of course, there is yet nothing like a set program at this moment, so
> > we're expecting your proposals (there will be a formal call for papers
> > later).
> >
> >  Watch this page:
> >
> >        http://meeting.contextgarden.net/2011/
>
> Only 76 days left.
>
> When will we have updates on the web page for
> - travel information
> - schedule
> - payment information
> - program
>
> Best
>    Martin

Yes, we all need to arrange travel,
and those of us who are not self employed have travel requests to submit.

As to travel,
http://www.porquerolles-france.com/ferries.php

La Tour Fondue, 83400 Hyères, France
(near the Toulon-Hyères airport)

Departure Giens-La TOUR FONDUE	Return from PORQUEROLLES
7:30 (1)	12:00		7:00 (1)	14:00
9:00		12:30		8:30		15:00
9:30		13:30		9:30		16:30
10:00		14:30		10:30		17:30
10:30		15:30		11:30		18:30
11:00		17:00
11:30		18:00

note :
(1). Does not run on Sundays and holidays

ATTENTION :
- The ships are wheelchair accessible
- Bicycles can be brought on board for a fee.
adult bicycle : 13.00 €
child's bicycle : 10.00 €

Fees 2011			ADULTS		CHILDREN	GROUPS
(To / From)					4 to 10 years
TOUR FONDUE PORQUEROLLES	17,30 €		15,30 €		15,00 €

(I do not understand if the fare is round-trip or each way, it is ambiguous...)

There is also a Taxi boat, that could be interesting if we travel as a group.
-Arthur?

There are fast trains from Paris to Hyeres 4:20 travel time
(some requiring a change at Toulon, 4:56 in this case)
Can be as cheap as 45 € if we buy our tickets soon.
 7:46 Paris Gare de Lyon - 12:42 Hyeres
10:15 Paris Gare de Lyon - 14:35 Hyeres
11:46 Paris Gare de Lyon - 17:43 Hyeres

11km from the train station to the ferry. Is there a bus?
And from the airport?

Alan

* Re: Fifth ConTeXt meeting, September 2011, France
@ 2011-07-05 11:25     ` Martin Schröder
From: Martin Schröder @ 2011-07-05 11:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

2011/7/5 Alan Braslau <alan.braslau@cea.fr>:
> 11km from the train station to the ferry. Is there a bus?
> And from the airport?

Air France will gladly sell you "flights" by TGV for Paris <-> Toulon. :-)

Best
   Martin