* Any (other) ConTeXt users in Finland?
@ 2011-10-03 12:12 Mari Voipio
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Mari Voipio @ 2011-10-03 12:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello All!

Inspired by the recent ConTeXt meeting where I again enjoyed meeting
other users as well as the developers, I'm wondering if there are any
other ConTeXt users in Finland? And if so, would you be interested in
a mini-meeting for an afternoon or evening, possibly at my work in
Vantaa?

If nothing else, we could tell each other what we do with ConTeXt and
get ideas and with luck even be able to sort out some problems. I'm
far from the nerdiest person in the world, but I could probably manage
a short "introduction to ConTeXt", if you are interested but haven't
gotten started or if you know people who'd like to try but don't want
to do it by themselves.

BTW, if any ConTeXt users (Finnish or others) pass by Helsinki airport
or the Greater Helsinki area, you are welcome to informally pop into
our office and I'll give you coffee/tea and cookies (if we have any)
and any ConTeXt help I can give. Just check on this in advance as I'm
not always there, but often can arrange things if notified a few days
earlier.

Terveisin/Best Regards,

Mari Voipio
K-Patents Oy (in Vantaanportti, just 5 minutes from the airport)

* Re: Any (other) ConTeXt users in Finland?
@ 2011-10-03 15:04 ` Alan Braslau
From: Alan Braslau @ 2011-10-03 15:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

CM7 - 2013?

@ 2011-10-04 15:40 ` Salil Sayed
From: Salil Sayed @ 2011-10-04 15:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am based in Helsinki. I am a doctoral student in Aalto university's Dept. of Design. I am using Context very seriously for my dissertation. Not just for Graphic design but for managing the writing process as well.

Would be nice meet other context users here.

Best,

Salil Sayed

salil.sayed@aalto.fi

________________________________
From: Mari Voipio <mari.voipio@iki.fi>
Subject: [NTG-context] Any (other) ConTeXt users in Finland?

@ 2011-10-05 12:20 ` Martin Schröder
From: Martin Schröder @ 2011-10-05 12:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

2011/10/3 Mari Voipio <mari.voipio@iki.fi>:
> other users as well as the developers, I'm wondering if there are any
> other ConTeXt users in Finland? And if so, would you be interested in

I just checked the "nordic" TUGS:
- Nordic TeX (http://folk.uio.no/dag/ntug/) seems to be long dead
- Danish TUG (http://www.tug.dk/) is active
- CyrTUG (http://www.cemi.rssi.ru/cyrtug/) gives a page not found
- ÍsTeX (http://www3.hi.is/pub/istex/) seems to be dormant

So there is room for a Finnish TUG :-)

Best
   Martin

* Re: Any (other) ConTeXt users in Finland?
@ 2011-10-10 12:42   ` Mari Voipio
From: Mari Voipio @ 2011-10-10 12:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 15:20, Martin Schröder <martin@oneiros.de> wrote:
> I just checked the "nordic" TUGS:
> - Nordic TeX (http://folk.uio.no/dag/ntug/) seems to be long dead
> - Danish TUG (http://www.tug.dk/) is active
> - CyrTUG (http://www.cemi.rssi.ru/cyrtug/) gives a page not found
> - ÍsTeX (http://www3.hi.is/pub/istex/) seems to be dormant
>
> So there is room for a Finnish TUG :-)

Well, this far I'm up to *4* ConTeXt users resident in Finland - me,
my brother Ville, Salil and Otso. Which doubles the amount of users I
know, but still...
(Alan is in France and Martin, AFAIK, in Germany, so they don't count
even though they replied to this thread.)

While by Finnish law 3 can make an official society/organization, I
think we'll stick to informal meetings this far. At least we four are
all in the same area so getting together is somewhat possible,
especially as I have a meeting space at my disposal.

BUT: Nobody else in Finland???

Best Regards/Terveisin,

Mari Voipio
Vantaa, Finland

* Re: Any (other) ConTeXt users in Finland?
@ 2011-10-10 13:32     ` Alan Braslau
From: Alan Braslau @ 2011-10-10 13:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 03:42:36PM +0300, Mari Voipio wrote:
> (Alan is in France and Martin, AFAIK, in Germany, so they don't count
> even though they replied to this thread.)

My reply was just as a suggestion for the 7th International ConTeXt Users' Meeting in 2013. :)

Alan