* Documentation for the database module
@ 2020-09-15  2:51 mylists
From: mylists @ 2020-09-15  2:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg

Hi,

I want to typeset a Periodic Table of the Elements. The according data
is prepared in a file with comma separated values (csv/UNIX). I found
some *very* basic informations how to get file based csv-data typeset,
but the result is hardly recognizable as Periodic Table of the
Elements.

To understand how to use the according commands I need a documentation
of it.

What I found was this:
https://wiki.contextgarden.net/M-database
which is more a summary of two examples with no explanations and
starting with the warning "This may be outdated".

Where can I find a good one?

Thanks a lot for any help in advance!
Cheers!
mcc

* Re: Documentation for the database module
@ 2020-09-15  8:48 ` DesdeChaves
From: DesdeChaves @ 2020-09-15  8:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Some time ago I wrote metapost code for make a periodic table.

See:
https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/233417/periodic-table-with-electron-counts-in-shells/233644

Have a nice day

Jorge

Sem
vírus. www.avast.com
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

Em ter., 15 de set. de 2020 às 03:51, <mylists@posteo.de> escreveu:

> Hi,
>
> I want to typeset a Periodic Table of the Elements. The according data
> is prepared in a file with comma separated values (csv/UNIX). I found
> some *very* basic informations how to get file based csv-data typeset,
> but the result is hardly recognizable as Periodic Table of the
> Elements.
>
> To understand how to use the according commands I need a documentation
> of it.
>
> What I found was this:
> https://wiki.contextgarden.net/M-database
> which is more a summary of two examples with no explanations and
> starting with the warning "This may be outdated".
>
> Where can I find a good one?
>
> Thanks a lot for any help in advance!
> Cheers!
> mcc

Atentamente

DesdeChaves

* Re: Documentation for the database module
@ 2020-09-16  7:53 ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2020-09-16  7:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Am 15.09.2020 um 04:51 schrieb mylists@posteo.de:
>
> Hi,
>
> I want to typeset a Periodic Table of the Elements. The according data
> is prepared in a file with comma separated values (csv/UNIX). I found
> some *very* basic informations how to get file based csv-data typeset,
> but the result is hardly recognizable as Periodic Table of the
> Elements.
>
> To understand how to use the according commands I need a documentation
> of it.
>
> What I found was this:
> https://wiki.contextgarden.net/M-database
> which is more a summary of two examples with no explanations and
> starting with the warning "This may be outdated".
>
> Where can I find a good one?

Have a look at the bibliography module’s documentation (mkiv-publications.pdf), there’s an example with chemicals. Don’t know if that fits your needs.

Hraban