I've tried to implement a journal-like footnote with the authors' affiliation for each section/chapter, by adapting things from the wiki here and here . However, one thing that bugs me is that any note name I choose other than "thanks" does not work, and I have no clue why. Am I missing something, or is there a more elegant way to implement this? As an aside, I'd rather have the footnotes below the "thanks" notes. Is there any option that does this? \setuplist[section][ textcommand=\SectionTocEntry, after=\blank, ] \define[1]\SectionTocEntry{% \doifnot{\rawstructurelistuservariable{author}}{} {\start \it \structurelistuservariable{author}\stop\space-- \crlf}% #1% title \doifnot{\rawstructurelistuservariable{subtitle}}{} {\crlf\structurelistuservariable{subtitle}}} \setuphead[section][ after=\setup{section}, align=center, number=no, style=\bold ] \startsetups section \blank \midaligned{\it \structureuservariable{author}} \blank\stopsetups %\foonote{\structureuservariable{affiliation}} \definenote[thanks]%[numberconversion=set 2]\setupnote[thanks][rule=off]\setupnotation[thanks][numberconversion=set 2] % or set 1 %\setupnote[footnote][location=bottom] % does not work %% all notes, footnotes etc.\setupnotation[ alternative={left,bottom}, hang=fit, % if commented, hanging is larger indenting={yes,small},indentnext=yes, % please, indent everything, should be default ] \setupinteraction[state=start,color=black,contrastcolor=black] \setuphead[subject][align=flushleft,style=\bfb] \starttext \subject{Grande lista de autores} \placecontent[alternative=c] \startsection[title={Whatever}][author={A. Uthor},subtitle={I’d like to say}] This is a section.\stopsection \startsection[title={Segunda seção}][author={Fulano de Tal},subtitle={Uma segunda seção de teste}] This is a section.\stopsection \startsection[title={Terceira seção}][author={Alberto de Paiva\thanks{asdf}},subtitle={Uma terceira seção de teste}] This is a section.\stopsection \startsection[title={Três autores}][author={Sicrano de Tal\thanks{Universidade de Tangerinas} e Alberto Steinenberg\thanks{Universidade de Nilfgaard}}, subtitle={Uma seção de teste com dois autores e comentário}] This is a section.\footnote{Só de teste.}\stopsection \stoptext