* Squashing up lines?
@ 2011-07-29  1:24 Alasdair McAndrew
From: Alasdair McAndrew @ 2011-07-29  1:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm preparing a grant application, for which the template is given in MS
Word, and for which the instructions are that the final application must be
no more than 4 pages.

I'm trying to re-create the Word doc in ConTeXt, and to keep within the page
limit I'd like the text to be as tight as possible.  This means: minimal
space before and after an itemize environment, and between items.  And also
minimum space between lines.   I'm using the Arial font, so as to most
closely approximate the MS Word original.

How can I do this?

Thanks,
Alasdair

* Re: Squashing up lines?
@ 2011-07-29  1:40 ` Ondřej Hošek
From: Ondřej Hošek @ 2011-07-29  1:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 03:24, Alasdair McAndrew <amca01@gmail.com> wrote:
> This means: minimal
> space before and after an itemize environment, and between items.

\startitemize[joinedup,nowhite]

http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Enumerations#Vertical_spacing

> And also
> minimum space between lines.   I'm using the Arial font, so as to most
> closely approximate the MS Word original.

Space between lines:  \setupinterlinespace[off]
(You may also use an actual dimension such as 1pt as an argument, in
case "off" is a bit too illegible already.)

Space between paragraphs: \setupwhitespace[none]

> Thanks,
> Alasdair

Hope that helps,
~~ Ondra