* installing latest stable version
@ 2018-05-26 13:46 Jano Kula
From: Jano Kula @ 2018-05-26 13:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

installing latest stable standalone version on Ubuntu 16.04 x64:
./first-setup.sh --context=current --engine=luatex

fails with:
This is LuaTeX, Version 1.08.0 (TeX Live 2018)  (INITEX)
 system commands enabled.
error in callback:
...018/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/mkiv/luat-cod.lua:194: attempt to
call a nil value (upvalue 'isfile')
.
<insert>

<*> ...mf-context/tex/context/base/mkiv/cont-en.mkiv
                                                  dump

Beta on the same machine installs correctly.

Jano

* Re: installing latest stable version
@ 2018-05-26 14:46 ` Jano Kula
From: Jano Kula @ 2018-05-26 14:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

By the way, was there any change to the font searching lately?
I used to create symlink /ctx-version/tex/texmf-local/fonts and after mtxrun
--script fonts --reload these fonts were recognized.
With beta it doesn't seem to work, I've double checked the older versions
where same symlink behaves as usual.

Jano

@ 2018-05-26 15:07   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2018-05-26 15:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 5/26/2018 4:46 PM, Jano Kula wrote:
> By the way, was there any change to the font searching lately?
> I used to create symlink /ctx-version/tex/texmf-local/fonts and after
> mtxrun --script fonts --reload these fonts were recognized.
> With beta it doesn't seem to work, I've double checked the older
> versions where same symlink behaves as usual.
i need a more precise description for checkign this

* Re: installing latest stable version
@ 2018-05-26 16:10     ` Jano Kula
From: Jano Kula @ 2018-05-26 16:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello Hans,

thank you. Knowing you are using Windows, here are Ubuntu steps:

   1. ctx beta installed as usual in dir with first-setup.sh
   2. source tex/setuptex (setting paths)
   3. cd tex/texmf-local
   4. ln -s /path/to/fonts fonts
   5. mtxrun --script fonts --reload
   6. mtxrun --script fonts --list --all

Fonts in /path/to/fonts are not listed.
The structure of the directory is:
/path/to/fonts/opentype/brousil/RePublic/RePublic Bold It Std.otf
/path/to/fonts/opentype/brousil/RePublic/RePublic Bold Std.otf
/path/to/fonts/opentype/brousil/RePublic/RePublic Regular It Std.otf
/path/to/fonts/opentype/brousil/RePublic/RePublic Regular Std.otf

It used to work this way.

Jano

@ 2018-05-26 20:12       ` Jano Kula
From: Jano Kula @ 2018-05-26 20:12 UTC (permalink / raw)