* very long hanging caption
@ 2021-05-02 16:10 Jano Kula
From: Jano Kula @ 2021-05-02 16:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear list,

having images with very long captions I'd like captions to be wrapped
around the figures. I would guess hang=yes parameter could do so, but not
in my case.

---------------- text of
|              | the caption
|              | which is
---------------- much longer
than the height of the image
and should be wrapped around the image

The second question is how to change the distance between image and the
caption, distance parameter has no effect. MkIV, because footnotes in
columns are needed (not in lmtx, yet).

% macros=mkiv
\setupcaption[
  number=no,
  hang=yes,
  align={nothyphenated,flushleft},
  distance=4mm,
  location=righthanging]

\startbuffer[caption]
\dorecurse{60}{very long caption }
\stopbuffer

\starttext
\startplacefigure[title={\getbuffer[caption]}]
\externalfigure[cow][height=40mm,width=80mm]
\stopplacefigure
\stoptext

Thank you,
Jano

* Re: very long hanging caption
@ 2021-05-07  9:55 ` Jano Kula
From: Jano Kula @ 2021-05-07  9:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello again,
does somebody have any hint on the long captions?
Thanks,
Jano

@ 2021-05-07 15:22   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2021-05-07 15:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 5/7/2021 11:55 AM, Jano Kula wrote:
> Hello again,
> does somebody have any hint on the long captions?

Ok, after a week of struggling with this you deserve an answer:

\starttext

\starthanging
{\framed[align=normal,bottom=\vkern10pt]{\externalfigure[t:/sources/cow.pdf][width=3cm]}}
     \placefloatcaption[figure][title={\input ward \input ward }]
\stophanging

\stoptext