* clubs and widows in columns
@ 2021-04-25 20:19 Jano Kula
From: Jano Kula @ 2021-04-25 20:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear list,

is there a way to avoid clubs and widows in columns? I don't know, how it
would be implemented, if the task is splitting typeset vertical list.

\setuppapersize[A7]
\starttext
\startcolumns[separator=rule,
              align={right,nothyphenated}]
\dorecurse{12}{→ one two three four five\par}
\stopcolumns
\stoptext

For a different task: are there some higher level commands in ctx than
\vsplit primitive to play with vbox splitting?

Thank you,
Jano

* Re: clubs and widows in columns
@ 2021-04-26  9:29 ` mf
From: mf @ 2021-04-26  9:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Il 25/04/21 22:19, Jano Kula ha scritto:
> Dear list,
>
> is there a way to avoid clubs and widows in columns? I don't know, how
> it would be implemented, if the task is splitting typeset vertical list.
>
> \setuppapersize[A7]
> \starttext
> \startcolumns[separator=rule,
>                align={right,nothyphenated}]
> \dorecurse{12}{→ one two three four five\par}
> \stopcolumns
> \stoptext
>
> For a different task: are there some higher level commands in ctx than
> \vsplitprimitive to play with vbox splitting?

As a workaround, you could try switching to pagecolumns: since they are
typeset as pages and then rearranged as columns on a page, I expect
clubs' and widows' penalties to work as in a single page.
I've not tried, anyway.

Best wishes,
Massi

* Re: clubs and widows in columns