* Simplefonts question
@ 2011-11-11 12:01 Lutz Haseloff
From: Lutz Haseloff @ 2011-11-11 12:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Wolfgang,

I'm looking for documentation for your handy module.

Particularly i'd like to know all the options i can use for
the commands \setmainfont and \setupsimplefonts.

My goal is to use a font in my document in
different sizes (say 12, 17 and 35pt) with adequate
line spacing.

I only found  "\setmainfont[...][..,..=..,..]" in README.
Reading the source was not too helpful for me :-)

Greetings Lutz

* Re: Simplefonts question
@ 2011-11-11 13:35 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2011-11-11 13:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 11.11.2011 um 13:01 schrieb Lutz Haseloff:

> Hi Wolfgang,
>
> I'm looking for documentation for your handy module.
>
> Particularly i'd like to know all the options i can use for
> the commands \setmainfont and \setupsimplefonts.
>
> My goal is to use a font in my document in
> different sizes (say 12, 17 and 35pt) with adequate
> line spacing.

Do you want a whole family in this size or only a single style of a font?

Wolfgang

* Re: Simplefonts question
@ 2011-11-14  6:00   ` Lutz Haseloff
From: Lutz Haseloff @ 2011-11-14  6:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

2011/11/11 Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfgang@googlemail.com>:

> Am 11.11.2011 um 13:01 schrieb Lutz Haseloff:
>
>> Hi Wolfgang,
>>
>> I'm looking for documentation for your handy module.
>>
>> Particularly i'd like to know all the options i can use for
>> the commands \setmainfont and \setupsimplefonts.
>>
>> My goal is to use a font in my document in
>> different sizes (say 12, 17 and 35pt) with adequate
>> line spacing.
>
> Do you want a whole family in this size or only a single style of a font?

I need Linux Libertine as Serif, Aller as SansSerif and Aller in 35pt
for large titles with proper line spacing.

My success so far:

\definefontfeature[cond][default][extend=.8]
\usemodule[simplefonts]
\setmainfont[linuxlibertineo]
\setsansfont[aller][features=cond]
\mainlanguage[de]
\starttext
Dudelsackpfeifenmachergeselle

{\it
Dudelsackpfeifenmachergeselle }

{\bf
Dudelsackpfeifenmachergeselle }

{\bi
Dudelsackpfeifenmachergeselle }

\ss
Dudelsackpfeifenmachergeselle

{\it
Dudelsackpfeifenmachergeselle }

{\bf
Dudelsackpfeifenmachergeselle }

{\bi
Dudelsackpfeifenmachergeselle }
\stoptext

Now some questions remain:
How can i set the size of the fonts?
\setsansfont[aller][features=cond,size=14pt]
seems not to work.
How can i define the 35pt .8 condensed Aller?

Greetings Lutz

* Re: Simplefonts question
@ 2011-11-14  8:13     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2011-11-14  8:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 14.11.2011 um 07:00 schrieb Lutz Haseloff:

> 2011/11/11 Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfgang@googlemail.com>:
>>
>> Am 11.11.2011 um 13:01 schrieb Lutz Haseloff:
>>
>>> Hi Wolfgang,
>>>
>>> I'm looking for documentation for your handy module.
>>>
>>> Particularly i'd like to know all the options i can use for
>>> the commands \setmainfont and \setupsimplefonts.
>>>
>>> My goal is to use a font in my document in
>>> different sizes (say 12, 17 and 35pt) with adequate
>>> line spacing.
>>
>> Do you want a whole family in this size or only a single style of a font?
>
> I need Linux Libertine as Serif, Aller as SansSerif and Aller in 35pt
> for large titles with proper line spacing.
>
> My success so far:
>
> \definefontfeature[cond][default][extend=.8]
> \usemodule[simplefonts]
> \setmainfont[linuxlibertineo]
> \setsansfont[aller][features=cond]
> \mainlanguage[de]
> \starttext
> Dudelsackpfeifenmachergeselle
>
> {\it
> Dudelsackpfeifenmachergeselle }
>
> {\bf
> Dudelsackpfeifenmachergeselle }
>
> {\bi
> Dudelsackpfeifenmachergeselle }
>
> \ss
> Dudelsackpfeifenmachergeselle
>
> {\it
> Dudelsackpfeifenmachergeselle }
>
> {\bf
> Dudelsackpfeifenmachergeselle }
>
> {\bi
> Dudelsackpfeifenmachergeselle }
> \stoptext
>

> Now some questions remain:
> How can i set the size of the fonts?
> \setsansfont[aller][features=cond,size=14pt]
> seems not to work.
> How can i define the 35pt .8 condensed Aller?

Define a style for the heading after you have set the font for serif and sans serif with:

\definefont[TtitleFont][Sans at 35pt]

\setuphead[chapter][style=TitleFont]
%\setuphead[chapter][style=TitleFont,interlinespace=40pt]

Wolfgang

* Re: Simplefonts question
@ 2011-11-14  8:18     ` Christian
From: Christian @ 2011-11-14  8:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

> >> Hi Wolfgang,
> >>
> >> I'm looking for documentation for your handy module.
> >>
> >> Particularly i'd like to know all the options i can use for the
> >> commands \setmainfont and \setupsimplefonts.
> >>
> >> My goal is to use a font in my document in different sizes (say 12,
> >> 17 and 35pt) with adequate line spacing.
> >
> > Do you want a whole family in this size or only a single style of a font?
>
> I need Linux Libertine as Serif, Aller as SansSerif and Aller in 35pt for large
> titles with proper line spacing.
>
> My success so far:
>
> \definefontfeature[cond][default][extend=.8]
> \usemodule[simplefonts]
> \setmainfont[linuxlibertineo]
> \setsansfont[aller][features=cond]
> \mainlanguage[de]
> \starttext
> Dudelsackpfeifenmachergeselle
>
> {\it
> Dudelsackpfeifenmachergeselle }
>
> {\bf
> Dudelsackpfeifenmachergeselle }
>
> {\bi
> Dudelsackpfeifenmachergeselle }
>
> \ss
> Dudelsackpfeifenmachergeselle
>
> {\it
> Dudelsackpfeifenmachergeselle }
>
> {\bf
> Dudelsackpfeifenmachergeselle }
>
> {\bi
> Dudelsackpfeifenmachergeselle }
> \stoptext
>

> Now some questions remain:
> How can i set the size of the fonts?
> \setsansfont[aller][features=cond,size=14pt]
> seems not to work.
> How can i define the 35pt .8 condensed Aller?
>
> Greetings Lutz

Here is how I would do it:

\definefontfeature[cond][default][extend=.8]
\usemodule[simplefonts]
\setmainfont[Linux Libertine O]
\setsansfont[aller][scale=0.9] % downscale Aller a bit, since it has a bigger x-height than Libertine
\definesimplefonttypeface[titlefont][aller][features=cond] % this way, only titles are condensed
\setuphead[chapter][style={\switchtobodyfont[titlefont,35pt]}]
\mainlanguage[de]

\starttext
\chapter{Dudelsackpfeifenmachergesellen sind lustige Leute}

Dudelsackpfeifenmachergeselle {\ss Dudelsackpfeifenmachergeselle}

{\it Dudelsackpfeifenmachergeselle} {\ss \it Dudelsackpfeifenmachergeselle}

{\bf Dudelsackpfeifenmachergeselle } {\ss \bf Dudelsackpfeifenmachergeselle}

{\bi Dudelsackpfeifenmachergeselle } {\ss \bi Dudelsackpfeifenmachergeselle}
\stoptext

* Re: Simplefonts question
@ 2011-11-14  8:55       ` Lutz Haseloff
From: Lutz Haseloff @ 2011-11-14  8:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks Wolfgang and Christian, works now.

Lutz

* Re: simplefonts question
@ 2016-01-14 17:03   ` massifr
From: massifr @ 2016-01-14 17:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

> \definefontfamily [mainface] [rm] [Lucida Bright OT]
> \definefontfamily [mainface] [ss] [Lucida Sans OT]
> \definefontfamily [mainface] [tt] [Lucida Sans Typewriter OT]
> \definefontfamily [mainface] [mm] [Lucida Bright Math OT]
> \definefontfamily [mainface] [hw] [Lucida Handwriting OT]
> \definefontfamily [mainface] [cg] [Lucida Calligraphy OT]

What should I do to use \definefontfamily with GaramondPremierPro?
I have the otf files, but ConTeXt is not configured to use them by default.

This does not work:
\definefontfamily [mainface][rm][tf=file:GaramondPremrPro.otf]

ConTeXt can't find the otf file, even if it's in the same directory.
According to the wiki, it should work.

Best greetings,
Massi

* Re: simplefonts question
@ 2016-01-14 15:21 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2016-01-14 15:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Meer, Hans van der <mailto:H.vanderMeer@uva.nl>
> 14. Januar 2016 um 14:49
> How to set the calligraphic font in the simplefonts module?
> With the instructions in the Wiki:
>
> \usemodule[simplefonts]
> \definefontfamily[fallbackfont][serif][lucidaot]
> \definefontfamily[fallbackfont][sans][lucidaot]
> \definefontfamily[fallbackfont][mono][lucidaot]
> \definefontfamily[fallbackfont][math][lucidaot]
> \setupbodyfont[fallbackfont]
> \setcalligraphicfont[fallbackfont]
>
> and got the following errors: (1) unknow font and (2) unknown definition.
>
> open source > 6 > 12 >
> /Users/hansm/Applications/TeX-sources/context-29/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/type-imp-lucida-opentype.mkiv
> close source > 6 > 12 >
> /Users/hansm/Applications/TeX-sources/context-29/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/type-imp-lucida-opentype.mkiv
> fonts > defining > font with asked name 'unknown' is not found using
> lookup 'file'
> fonts > defining > unknown font 'unknown', loading aborted
> fonts > defining > unable to define 'unknown' as
> 'fallbackfont-12pt-rm-tf-0--0'
>
> hvdm-fig.tex: ! Undefined control sequence
>
> l.11 \setcalligraphicfont
>                        [fallbackfont]
>

> Why is ConTeXt able to use my Lucida font with simply
> \setupbodyfont[lucidaot] but does simplefont not?
You're using the wrong names for the fonts and there is also no need to
load the simplefonts module.

\definefontfamily [mainface] [rm] [Lucida Bright OT]
\definefontfamily [mainface] [ss] [Lucida Sans OT]
\definefontfamily [mainface] [tt] [Lucida Sans Typewriter OT]
\definefontfamily [mainface] [mm] [Lucida Bright Math OT]
\definefontfamily [mainface] [hw] [Lucida Handwriting OT]
\definefontfamily [mainface] [cg] [Lucida Calligraphy OT]

\setupbodyfont[mainface]

\starttext

\rm\tf Roman \it Italic \bf Bold \bi BoldItalic \sc SmallCaps

\ss\tf Roman \it Italic \bf Bold \bi BoldItalic \sc SmallCaps

\tt\tf Roman \it Italic \bf Bold \bi BoldItalic \sc SmallCaps

\hw\tf Roman \it Italic \bf Bold \bi BoldItalic \sc SmallCaps

\cg\tf Roman \it Italic \bf Bold \bi BoldItalic \sc SmallCaps

\startformula
c^2 = a^2 + b^2
\stopformula

\stoptext