From: Mathias Schickel <msch@fa.uni-tuebingen.de>
Subject: Re: Presentations
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2017 08:48:12 +0200	[thread overview]

Hi Aditya,

this seems to be very nice. That is indeed what I was looking for.

Does provide ConTeXT something like the \only environment for it’s JAVA script magic, too? That would be interesting also.

Apart form that I am still interested about the answer to the following problem out of my original email (but of course you solved the slides as single PDF pages problem for me):

> Besides that, it would be nice, too, to be able to configure the step mechanism in a way that the arrow keys of the keyboard unfold the next step (instead of hitting the mouse button). Is there any possibility to do that (if it would be, I would in deed prefer the ConTeXt approach to steps before the LaTeX one with several pages per slide)?
>
> Apart from that, I have noticed that viewing the steps the first time disables them if you go back in the presentation. This means there is no way to go back that preserves the steps as such (or I was not able to found that way :-) ). (Especially it does not seem to be able to go back one step.)
> It would be more intuitive if going forward and backward followed the same steps. Another way to achieve something like that would be a reset button for each page that resets the step behaviour after having viewed the slide and it steps for the first time (in a way that for second viewing the steps mechanism could be reset).

The truly best solution would be if ConTeXt provides an option for its stepping module that enables the single PDF approach passing some command to the module (and if it provides something like the only command and explicit numbers for the steps as you do in your own module). Since it would be very nice to be able to switch between JAVA script and single PDF approach in one and the same document (since the JAVA script approach is one of it’s own elegance).

Thank you very much!

Mathias