Am 24.05.2011 um 15:15 schrieb Oliver Buerschaper: >> \setupnotedefinition >> [footnote] >> [ location=left, >> headalign=flushright, >> width=1em, >> distance=1ex] > > This comes very close to what I have in mind :-) > > Is it possible to not fix the width globally but rather use the largest actual width encountered in any single footnote block? That is, a footnote block with only single digits would still align left with the textblock boundary as would a footnote block with two digit numbers only (I'm using tabular figures) and just for mixed one and two digit blocks the right alignment would actually become visible… http://www.ntg.nl/pipermail/ntg-context/2011/055590.html Wolfgang