* Aligning numbers in the footnote block
@ 2011-05-24  7:24 Oliver Buerschaper
From: Oliver Buerschaper @ 2011-05-24  7:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mailing ConTeXt users list for

Dear all,

is there a way to align the numbers in the footnote block (flush) right as is done without the key "location=left" in the following? I don't want the numbers in the margin though…

---
\setupdescriptions
    [footnote]
    [location=left,
     distance=1ex]

\setupnote
    [footnote]
    [numbercommand=]

\starttext

This\footnote{This} is\footnote{is} a\footnote{a} little\footnote{little}
test\footnote{test} for\footnote{for} the\footnote{the} look\footnote{look}
of\footnote{of} footnotes\footnote{footnotes}

\stoptext
---

Many thanks,
Oliver

* Re: Aligning numbers in the footnote block
@ 2011-05-24 12:22 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2011-05-24 12:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 24.05.2011 um 09:24 schrieb Oliver Buerschaper:

> Dear all,
>
> is there a way to align the numbers in the footnote block (flush) right as is done without the key "location=left" in the following? I don't want the numbers in the margin though…
>
> ---
> \setupdescriptions
>    [footnote]
>    [location=left,
>     distance=1ex]

\setupnotedefinition
  [footnote]
  [ location=left,
   headalign=flushright,
       width=1em,
    distance=1ex]

Wolfgang

* Re: Aligning numbers in the footnote block
@ 2011-05-24 13:15   ` Oliver Buerschaper
From: Oliver Buerschaper @ 2011-05-24 13:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

> \setupnotedefinition
>  [footnote]
>  [ location=left,
>   headalign=flushright,
>       width=1em,
>    distance=1ex]

This comes very close to what I have in mind :-)

Is it possible to not fix the width globally but rather use the largest actual width encountered in any single footnote block? That is, a footnote block with only single digits would still align left with the textblock boundary as would a footnote block with two digit numbers only (I'm using tabular figures) and  just for mixed one and two digit blocks the right alignment would actually become visible…

@ 2011-05-24 13:20     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2011-05-24 13:20 UTC (permalink / raw)