Hi, Doing my first steps with ConTeXt (after about ten years experience with LaTeX) I was running into the following problem. Running the enclosed example I got still the english version (as can be seen in the 'Contents'-title of the TOC). % language=de tex=pdfetex output=pdftex \language[de] \starttext \completecontent Test äöü \stoptext I'm using ConTeXt version 2003.9.25 (fmt 2004.8.31) - rather old, I know, but I don't believe that this might be the source of my problem since the manual is older ... Regards, Jürgen