* Proposal to update the "Manuals" wiki page
       [not found] <94497105-af9a-e0cf-fd91-172c5dff643b@azules.eu>
@ 2020-05-19 13:22 ` Garulfo
                     ` (4 more replies)
From: Garulfo @ 2020-05-19 13:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi,

I hope you're all doing well.

Please, you will find a proposal to update the Manuals page on the wiki:
https://wiki.contextgarden.net/ManualsGallery

2 objectives:
1/ to make something more visual, to help the user identify the
different documents, their organization, their date of release.
2/ to gather all the updated documents in one place

Sources were :
- http://www.pragma-ade.com/overview.htm
- https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Manuals, and wiki snippets here and there.
- https://github.com/hmenke/context-examples/blob/master/GUIDE.md

Depending on your comments, and if there is an interest, I would be
happy to improve it (correct errors, change document segmentation,
better colors choice, additional data such as authors, number of pages).

It's mainly built from cvs table + script.

Finally, if you approve this update, I can arrange to clean up some
pages of the wiki about the manuals.

Best,

* Re: Proposal to update the "Manuals" wiki page
@ 2020-05-20 11:39   ` Rudolf Bahr
                     ` (3 subsequent siblings)
From: Rudolf Bahr @ 2020-05-20 11:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, May 19, 2020 at 03:22:47PM +0200, Garulfo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I hope you're all doing well.
>
> Please, you will find a proposal to update the Manuals page on the wiki:
> https://wiki.contextgarden.net/ManualsGallery
>
> 2 objectives:
> 1/ to make something more visual, to help the user identify the different
> documents, their organization, their date of release.
> 2/ to gather all the updated documents in one place
>
> Sources were :
> - http://www.pragma-ade.com/overview.htm
> - https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Manuals, and wiki snippets here and there.
> - https://github.com/hmenke/context-examples/blob/master/GUIDE.md
>
> Depending on your comments, and if there is an interest, I would be happy to
> improve it (correct errors, change document segmentation, better colors
> choice, additional data such as authors, number of pages).
>
> It's mainly built from cvs table + script.
>
> Finally, if you approve this update, I can arrange to clean up some pages of
> the wiki about the manuals.
>

> Best,

Hi Garulfo,

thank you very much for your excellent work! It will be of great help.

Best wishes,

Rudolf

* Re: Proposal to update the "Manuals" wiki page
@ 2020-05-20 14:18   ` Hans Hagen
                     ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Hans Hagen @ 2020-05-20 14:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 5/19/2020 3:22 PM, Garulfo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I hope you're all doing well.
>
> Please, you will find a proposal to update the Manuals page on the wiki:
> https://wiki.contextgarden.net/ManualsGallery
>
> 2 objectives:
> 1/ to make something more visual, to help the user identify the
> different documents, their organization, their date of release.
> 2/ to gather all the updated documents in one place
>
> Sources were :
> - http://www.pragma-ade.com/overview.htm
> - https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Manuals, and wiki snippets here and there.
> - https://github.com/hmenke/context-examples/blob/master/GUIDE.md
>
> Depending on your comments, and if there is an interest, I would be
> happy to improve it (correct errors, change document segmentation,
> better colors choice, additional data such as authors, number of pages).
>
> It's mainly built from cvs table + script.
>
> Finally, if you approve this update, I can arrange to clean up some
> pages of the wiki about the manuals.
Nicely done.

Hans

* Re: Proposal to update the "Manuals" wiki page
@ 2020-05-20 14:34   ` Denis Maier
From: Denis Maier @ 2020-05-20 14:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 19.05.2020 um 15:22 schrieb Garulfo:
> Hi,
>
> I hope you're all doing well.
>
> Please, you will find a proposal to update the Manuals page on the wiki:
> https://wiki.contextgarden.net/ManualsGallery
>
> 2 objectives:
> 1/ to make something more visual, to help the user identify the
> different documents, their organization, their date of release.
> 2/ to gather all the updated documents in one place
>
> Sources were :
> - http://www.pragma-ade.com/overview.htm
> - https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Manuals, and wiki snippets here and there.
> - https://github.com/hmenke/context-examples/blob/master/GUIDE.md
>
> Depending on your comments, and if there is an interest, I would be
> happy to improve it (correct errors, change document segmentation,
> better colors choice, additional data such as authors, number of pages).
>
> It's mainly built from cvs table + script.
>
> Finally, if you approve this update, I can arrange to clean up some
> pages of the wiki about the manuals.
>

> Best,

Thanks! That's very helpful.

Best,
Denis

* Re: Proposal to update the "Manuals" wiki page
                     ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2020-05-20 14:55   ` context
From: context @ 2020-05-20 14:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello Garulfo,

thanks for the great work!

Two suggestions:

1. Obsolete manuals: Could their pictures be scratched somehow? One will
see on the first sight that he is to investigate "no-more-valid" stuff.

2. Could you add a "download all manuals" hlink/button next to each
(sub)title to download appropriate manuals as .zip, so to get:

"
Up-to-date Documentation (title)
[download-all-up-to-date-manuals-in-this-section-inc-subsections
(hlink)]
Graphics and Colors (subtitle)
[download-all-graphics-and-colors-manuals-inc-subsections (hlink)]
"

- IMHO it would be good for offline users (and for those who prefer
printed form).

Best regards,

Lukas

@ 2020-05-20 15:04     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2020-05-20 15:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 5/20/2020 4:55 PM, context@vivaldi.net wrote:

> 2. Could you add a "download all manuals" hlink/button next to each
> (sub)title to download appropriate manuals as .zip, so to get:

most manuals are in the distribution

* Re: Proposal to update the "Manuals" wiki page
                     ` (3 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2020-05-20 21:04   ` Gerben Wierda
From: Gerben Wierda @ 2020-05-20 21:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

> On 19 May 2020, at 15:22, Garulfo <garulfo@azules.eu> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I hope you're all doing well.
>
> Please, you will find a proposal to update the Manuals page on the wiki:
> https://wiki.contextgarden.net/ManualsGallery
>
> 2 objectives:
> 1/ to make something more visual, to help the user identify the different documents, their organization, their date of release.
> 2/ to gather all the updated documents in one place
>
> Sources were :
> - http://www.pragma-ade.com/overview.htm
> - https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Manuals, and wiki snippets here and there.
> - https://github.com/hmenke/context-examples/blob/master/GUIDE.md
>
> Depending on your comments, and if there is an interest, I would be happy to improve it (correct errors, change document segmentation, better colors choice, additional data such as authors, number of pages).
>
> It's mainly built from cvs table + script.
>
> Finally, if you approve this update, I can arrange to clean up some pages of the wiki about the manuals.
>

> Best,

Very helpful addition.

* Re: Proposal to update the "Manuals" wiki page
@ 2020-05-22 11:38 Jan Willem Flamma
From: Jan Willem Flamma @ 2020-05-22 11:38 UTC (permalink / raw)