* Table of Contents with unnumbered Chapters etc
@ 2009-07-08 11:33 Robert Blackstone
From: Robert Blackstone @ 2009-07-08 11:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi all,
I am struggling, vainly so far, with "list" and "combinedlist", and I
hope someone can help me.
What I want to do is the following: I am making a bilingual version om
some old German text, adding an English translation. As in the
original German version, I want to use unnumbered chapters, sections
etc. but I still do want a table of contents.
I had the impression "unnumbered" can be achieved by using "title",
"subject", etc instead of "chapter", "section", etc and still get a
table of contents by means of a combined list. But whatever I tried,
no list is ever placed anywhere and even
\completecombinedlist[contents][level=subject] is seen as an
undefined control sequence.

I have used ConTeXt from TeXlive-2008 via TeXShop, and Minimals
(ConTeXt  ver: 2009.06.14 21:01 MKIV) via Terminal, but the result is
the same.

No doubt I do some things totally wrong but I can't help having a
sneaking suspicion that something is wrong with "list"s.

I have uploaded a small testfile, which can be downloaded from the
following link: http://web.me.com/blackstone.robert/filechute/Wegweiser-testfile-a.tex
(In this testfile there are lots of things I tried and subsequently
commented out.)
Thanks in advance.

Robert Blackstone

* Re: Table of Contents with unnumbered Chapters etc
@ 2009-07-08 14:31 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2009-07-08 14:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 08.07.2009 um 13:33 schrieb Robert Blackstone:

> Hi all,
> I am struggling, vainly so far, with "list" and "combinedlist", and
> I hope someone can help me.
> What I want to do is the following: I am making a bilingual version
> om some old German text, adding an English translation. As in the
> original German version, I want to use unnumbered chapters, sections
> etc. but I still do want a table of contents.
> I had the impression "unnumbered" can be achieved by using "title",
> "subject", etc instead of "chapter", "section", etc and still get a
> table of contents by means of a combined list. But whatever I tried,
> no list is ever placed anywhere and even
> \completecombinedlist[contents][level=subject] is seen as an
> undefined control sequence.

\setupheads[incrementnumber=list]

\starttext

\completecontent

\chapter{Foo}

\section{Bar}

\section{Zig}

\chapter{Zag}

\section{Hinz}

\section{Kunz}

\stoptext

Wolfgang

* Re: Table of Contents with unnumbered Chapters etc
@ 2009-07-08 14:51 ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2009-07-08 14:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

the subjects and susubjects will not end up in a TOC. Use section and
subsection. Add a \setuphead[section,subsection][number=no], place
the TOC with \completecontent.

Willi

@ 2009-07-09  8:12 Robert Blackstone
From: Robert Blackstone @ 2009-07-09  8:12 UTC (permalink / raw)