* Re: One-off theorem titles & numberstyle
       [not found] <mailman.1212.1299141828.4223.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2011-03-03  9:56 ` S Barmeier
From: S Barmeier @ 2011-03-03  9:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Thank you for the quick reply, it is getting quite close. I guess the
trick is to define an enumeration for one-off use and use "title=" to
fake "text=". The only problem is that the number sits between text and
title. So to still be able to use \starttheorem alongside
\startproclaim{Theorem}, I would need to know how to either place the
number after the "title" or how to place it before the "text".
I'd be interested in knowing how to do both.

Also, I have problem with the numbering mechanism and the
numberstyle/textstyle/etc.

\defineenumeration[theorem]
    [text=Theorem,
    numberstyle=normal,
    headstyle=bold,
    textstyle=caps,
    number=yes]
\defineenumeration[proclaim]
    [text=,
    number=theorem,
    headstyle=bold,
    title=yes,
    titleleft=,
    titleright=]
\starttext

\starttheorem
Abc
\stoptheorem

\startproclaim{Special Theorem}
Def
\stopproclaim

\stoptext

This gives as is no number for \startproclaim{Special Theorem}, although
I asked for number=theorem. Also, the numberstyle of \starttheorem is
not normal, but bold, and adding textstyle=normal/caps/etc. seems to
have no effect either.

Best,
Severin

@ 2011-03-03 13:48   ` Otared Kavian
From: Otared Kavian @ 2011-03-03 13:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Severin,

Actually if you are using mkiv, the definitions I sent this morning should be slightly changed: perhaps the following suits your needs (however I don't know how to change the style of the numbers…).

%%%%%%%%% begin
%!TEX TS-program = mkiv

%% defining \proclaim which is built in Plain-teX
%% but has disappeared from ConTeXt
%% the following is adapted for mkiv
\defineenumeration[theorem]
\setupenumerations[theorem]
	[text=Theorem,
	style=sc, % or slanted
	title=yes,
	titleleft=,
	titleright={.},
	location=serried,
	width=fit,
	right={.},
	prefix=yes,
	way=bysection,
	]

%% defining \remark numbered with the same counter as \proclaim
\defineenumeration[proclaim][theorem] % clone proclaim
\setupenumerations[proclaim]
	[text=,
	style=slanted,
	title=yes,
	titleright={.},
	location=serried,
	width=fit,
	right={.}]
%% end definition \remark

\starttext
\input knuth.tex

\startproclaim[lem:Yoneda]{Yoneda Theorem}
This is a theorem in set category theory.
\stopproclaim

\starttheorem
The above theorem and this one are numbered sequentially.
\stoptheorem