I have some difficulties with columns inside a framedtext. The example below shows that columns does not work inside framedtext, whereas simplecolumns does. However, the latter does not show rules between the columns. Can I have both? Is columns definitely not working here or is it temporarily until something is fixed? Or will simplecolumns be extended to show the rules? % test columns within framedtext \starttext \startframedtext[width=\makeupwidth] \startcolumns[n=2,rule=on,balance=yes] \input tufte \stopcolumns \stopframedtext \startframedtext[width=\makeupwidth] \blank \startsimplecolumns[n=2,rule=on,balance=yes] \input tufte \stopsimplecolumns \stopframedtext \stoptext Hans van der Meer