From: Hans van der Meer <hansm@science.uva.nl>
Subject: Re: positiongraphics
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 21:52:03 +0200	[thread overview]

On Jul 12, 2006, at 10:21, Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> Hans van der Meer wrote:
>> I send the offending mpgraph.mp file. It has ;'s all over. There
>> are  so
>> many ;;'s and even some ;;;'s that I am tempted to think that one  of
>> the translation scripts is the culprit, adding a ; per newline
>> maybe? I
>> am sorry not having taken a look into the ruby scripts, but  my ruby
>> knowledge is nihil.
>
> The tex input file would be more useful. The mpgraph file is
> autogenerated from that, after all.

I am afraid that isn't possible just now. The problem seems very
specific in the placing of the footnote (narrow margin of error) and
after editing my current text it has vanished. It looks like one of
those erratic problems that tend to occur mostly when one is in a hurry.

Seeing the value of the shift:
> PlainTextArea:=boundingbox((95.23926pt,72.9016pt)--(95.23926pt,
> 72.9016pt);
> shifted (609.52148pt,476.59792pt));;
and considering I am using pages with a reduced height, I suspect
this is just about equivalent to 1 \textheight. But the point is that
inside a metapost statement "boundingbox ... shifted ..." a ";" has
appeared and that cannot be good.

Sorry not having a minimal example at hand at the moment. When less
pressed for time I will do some experiments with changing pagefill (I
guess best done by placing rules of varying height). Surely I will
contact again if I found such an example.

> Taco

Hans van der Meer