* xmlinclude
@ 2012-03-20 19:07 Meer, H. van der
From: Meer, H. van der @ 2012-03-20 19:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ConTeXt NTG

Can someone tell me what \xmlinclude is supposed to do? I have experimented a lot but didn't come further to an understanding.

I have called it through:
\startxmlsetups xam:include
	\xmlinclude{#1}{include}{file}
\stopxmlsetups
from a node include in:

and indeed \enabletrackers[lxml.loading]gives me in the log:
xml             > tex > loading file './xm-test-problem.xml' as 'problem'

But then nothing seemed to have happened. The xml-node in that file is never seen. I checked that by listing all these nodes in the log (\xmlcommand{\xmldocument}..)
The <include> and others are listed, but not the contents of the file I thought I had included.

Clearly I have some misunderstanding here as to what the manual implicates. It states:
"\xmlinclude{node}{lpath}{attribute} includes the file specified by attribute of the element located by lpath at node node."
I take this 'node' ast the node from where the lpath is rooted, but I might be mistaken.

And most of all: what happens to the included file and how can I approach/use its contents?

I would appreciate an enlightment. Thanks in advance.

Hans van der Meer

only message in thread, other threads:[~2012-03-20 19:07 UTC | newest]