* ConTeXt and vim spell check
@ 2007-04-02  0:42 Robin Kirkham
From: Robin Kirkham @ 2007-04-02  0:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi,

I'm using vim 7.0.17. When I edit a ConTeXt source file, it does the
syntax highlighting correctly, but it won't do spelling error
highlighting.

It works for other filetypes (including LaTeX).

Is there something extra needed in .vimrc? I have

     filetype plugin indent on
     syntax enable
     set spell spelllang=en_au

Robin

* Re: ConTeXt and vim spell check
@ 2007-04-02  7:20 ` Robin Kirkham
From: Robin Kirkham @ 2007-04-02  7:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 02/04/2007, at 10:42 AM, I wrote:

> I'm using vim 7.0.17. When I edit a ConTeXt source file, it does
> the syntax highlighting correctly, but it won't do spelling error
> highlighting.
>
> It works for other filetypes (including LaTeX).
>
> Is there something extra needed in .vimrc? I have
>
>     filetype plugin indent on
>     syntax enable
>     set spell spelllang=en_au

I find that typing ":syntax spell toplevel" in to vim after you have
opened your ConTeXt source file switches spell checking on. Putting
this line in in your .vimrc does not. Putting it at the end of syntax/
context.vim (in the vim system directory) does, however.

Robin