* seeindex: accents and such
@ 2012-07-11 18:38 Andreas Mang
From: Andreas Mang @ 2012-07-11 18:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear all,

I have some minor problems with \seeindex

It seems that it does not render accents properly nor is it possible to introduce commands. Is this an intended behavior, am I doing something wrong or is there a bug?

Cheers,
Andreas

Minimal example:

\setupregister[index]
[
style={\bf\WORD},
balance=yes
]

\starttext

% seeindex does not render ssharp properly
Wei{\ssharp}wurst\index{Wei{\ssharp}wurst}\seeindex{German sausage}{Wei{\ssharp}wurst}

% same holds for accents
M\"unchner Wei{\ssharp}bier\index{M\"unchner Wei{\ssharp}bier}\seeindex{good beer}{M\"unchner Wei{\ssharp}bier}

% switching font style
{\sc Test}\index[Test]{\sc Test}\seeindex[Test]{Testing}{\sc Test}

\completeindex

\stoptext

* Re: seeindex: accents and such
@ 2012-07-11 18:56 ` Andreas Mang
From: Andreas Mang @ 2012-07-11 18:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

I forgot to mention that I am using

ConTeXt  ver: 2012.07.10 09:52 MKIV

Sorry...

@ 2012-07-11 20:15 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2012-07-11 20:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 11.07.2012 um 20:38 schrieb Andreas Mang:

> Dear all,
>
> I have some minor problems with \seeindex
>
> It seems that it does not render accents properly nor is it possible to introduce commands. Is this an intended behavior, am I doing something wrong or is there a bug?

Why don’t you use “ü” and “ß” in your document?

Wolfgang

* Re: seeindex: accents and such
@ 2012-07-11 20:37   ` Andreas Mang
From: Andreas Mang @ 2012-07-11 20:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Wolfgang,

Thanks. That's truly an option. I have already looked into this and it works. As a matter of fact, this is what I decided to do if there is no quick fix. However, I thought I'd point it out, since it works for \index and just not for \seeindex. Secondly, the \sc (command) issue persists.

Thirdly, once upon a time I have opened my tex files on a foreign machine and I realized that all accents were screwed. This was the day when I decided to become even more paranoid and by that not to use "ü" and friends in my source files. Maybe I should stop being paranoid, since all people around me seem to be using accents...

Cheers,
Andreas

@ 2012-07-13  8:25     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2012-07-13  8:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 11.07.2012 um 22:37 schrieb Andreas Mang:

> Hi Wolfgang,
>
> Thanks. That's truly an option. I have already looked into this and it works. As a matter of fact, this is what I decided to do if there is no quick fix. However, I thought I'd point it out, since it works for \index and just not for \seeindex. Secondly, the \sc (command) issue persists.

MkIV provides a new mechanism to format index entries called processors, it doesn't work yet with \seeindex (see my other mail on the list) but I guess Hans will fix this in one of the next betas.

\defineprocessor[sc][style=\sc]

\starttext

Test\index{Test}\index{sc->Testing}

\completeindex