* cld, postponing and images
@ 2021-09-06 21:04 Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context
From: Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context @ 2021-09-06 21:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

I think I tangled myself...

- I’ve a macro defined in Lua that uses fullpagemakeup and \setlayer to place an image on an empty page.
- This macro is called from within a postponing environment.
- I check figures.current().status.fullname if the image is found ...
- and then read xsize and ysize from figures.current().status.private

- I there is no image placed before the postponed ones, figures.current() is nil
– If I place one, figures.current() is always the last “normal” one, never that from my macro call.

– If I call context.getfiguredimensions({imagename}) within the macro where I calculate the size, and again before context.externalfigure(), then the images are found and have the right size according to figures.currents(), but...
- if I didn’t place the same image before anywhere, the previous image is used, and if there was none, the place just stays empty (no dummy box).

I don’t know how to resolve this, spent already the whole day to understand the problem this far.

At the moment my workaround is to place all used images somewhere outside of the visible page.

Hraban

only message in thread, other threads:[~2021-09-06 21:04 UTC | newest]