From: Rory Molinari <context@quokka70.fastmail.fm>
Subject: Changing margins mid-page?
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 22:31:43 -0700	[thread overview]

Hi,

I'm sorry that the subject isn't clearer.

I'm learning ConTeXt at the moment by trying to typeset a copy of my
resume.

I'd like the format to be something like this (view in fixed width):

                                     <Address line 1>     <phone number>
                                     <Address line 2>     <email
address>

<MY NAME IN LARGE SIZE>

EDUCATION               <Details>
                         <of Degree 1>

                         <Details>
                         <of Degree 2>

WORK EXPERIENCE         <Details>
                         <of>
                         <most>
                         <recent>
                         <job>
                         <many lines here>

                         <Details>
                         <of>
                         <another>
                         <job>

                         <Yet another job>

ANOTHER SECTION         <More information>
                         <appropriate for this>
                         <section>

My first thought was to have "EDUCATION", "WORK EXPERIENCE", etc as
unnumbered sections, and to arrange that section titles would appear
in a (very large) left margin.  But then I couldn't work out how to
have "normal" margins for the top of the page containing my contact
information and name.  Margins appear to apply to the whole document.

So I tried a hack using paragraphs in two columns.  The left column is
the section heading and the right column is the information.

Example:

\defineparagraphs[TwoColumns][n=2]
\setupparagraphs[TwoColumns][1][width=1.5in]

\startTwoColumns
\tfb\ss Education
\TwoColumns

%% details for one degree here

\blank[medium]

%% details of another degree here
\stopTwoColumns

The problem with this is that this setup cannot break across pages, so
when a section becomes too long it first starts on a new page and then
runs off the bottom of that page.

What is the right way to typeset this?

Cheers,
Rory Molinari