* How to update Context on Windows (with Texlive 2008)
       [not found] <mailman.100.1239034192.3589.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2009-04-13  7:38 ` abhseth2107
From: abhseth2107 @ 2009-04-13  7:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

I have TeXLive 2008 installed on Windows (on a path with no spaces). I
wanted to update ConTexT, so ran the following commands (using cygwin),
following instructions from wiki

rsync -av rsync://contextgarden.net/minimals/current/context/current/
/cygdrive/c/texlive/2008/texmf-dist/

which ran  fine.

However the next command

rsync -av
rsync://contextgarden.net/minimals/current/bin/luatex/win32/bin/luatex
/cygdrive/c/texlive/2008/bin/win32/

fails, producing

rsync: change_dir "/current/bin/luatex/win32" (in minimals) failed: No
such file or directory

So the question is, how do I update the ConTexT and luatex for windows
(TeXLive installation)?

Note that, luatools --generate generates no cnf files found message.

Regards
Abhishek

* Re: How to update Context on Windows (with Texlive 2008)
@ 2009-04-14  8:32   ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2009-04-14  8:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 09:38,  <abhseth2107@live.in> wrote:

> I have TeXLive 2008 installed on Windows (on a path with no spaces). I
> wanted to update ConTexT, so ran the following commands (using cygwin),
> following instructions from wiki
>
> rsync -av rsync://contextgarden.net/minimals/current/context/current/
> /cygdrive/c/texlive/2008/texmf-dist/
>
> which ran  fine.
>
> However the next command
>
> rsync -av
> rsync://contextgarden.net/minimals/current/bin/luatex/win32/bin/luatex
> /cygdrive/c/texlive/2008/bin/win32/
>
> fails, producing
>
> rsync: change_dir "/current/bin/luatex/win32" (in minimals) failed: No such
> file or directory

Sorry, for windows it's a bit different. It should have been
rsync -av rsync://contextgarden.net/minimals/current/bin/luatex/mswin/bin/
/cygdrive/c/texlive/2008/bin/win32/

> So the question is, how do I update the ConTexT and luatex for windows
> (TeXLive installation)?

See above.

But (see below) I fear that you also need to update mtxtools and
luatools manually. For the moment maybe you could try to replace the
two *.lua files in bin with the one found inside
texmf-dist/scripts/context/lua/

(Though it might still be easier to fetch minimals; at least you'll
have two versions of ConTeXt installed - usually the only one you have
fails one day before the deadline anyway*** :) :) :) :)

> Note that, luatools --generate generates no cnf files found message.

Hmmm ... I fear that I forgot to fix something on Windows (some
symbolic links) when I was fixing a few issues for unix. As far as I
can recall, somebody should test the change before commiting it, but
then we forgot the issue.

But I'm not sure if I'm talking about the same thing. Maybe it's
something different on windows. Does anyone else use TeX Live on
windows?

Mojca

*** Not to be taken too serously, but it might happen that when you're
working on something and find a bug, the bug usually gets fixed with
"please update ConTeXt" remark. You need to update in order to get the
bug resolved, but it may happen that a few other problems pop up in
the meantime. So it's always better to have at least two versions of
ConTeXt installed. One to work with and one just in case.