* automatic page sizes?
@ 2004-08-12  8:05 Christopher Creutzig
From: Christopher Creutzig @ 2004-08-12  8:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear everyone,

  I do know that this question has been answered here before, but I've
not been able to find it in the archive (and my personal copy got lost
when the harddrive of my previous laptop went berserk).

  How do I make ConTeXt emit a pdf file where each page is just as long
as necessary for the text on it, up to say 1 meter?  Page breaks would
usually, but not always, be initiated by some macro or other; footers
are not used (yet?).

Regards,
	Christopher Creutzig

* Re: automatic page sizes?
@ 2004-08-12  8:14 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2004-08-12  8:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Christopher Creutzig wrote:

> Dear everyone,
>
>  I do know that this question has been answered here before, but I've
> not been able to find it in the archive (and my personal copy got lost
> when the harddrive of my previous laptop went berserk).
>
>  How do I make ConTeXt emit a pdf file where each page is just as long
> as necessary for the text on it, up to say 1 meter?  Page breaks would
> usually, but not always, be initiated by some macro or other; footers
> are not used (yet?).

\startTEXpage

\stopTEXpage

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: automatic page sizes?
@ 2004-08-12  8:22 ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2004-08-12  8:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello Christopher,

>   I do know that this question has been answered here before, but
>   I've

Just look for pervert idiot on the archive ;-) Perhaps this is what
you need.

http://archive.contextgarden.net/search/19990812.125722.00000000@pervert,idiot.html

Patrick
--
ConTeXt wiki: http://contextgarden.net
texshow-web:  http://texshow.contextgarden.net

* Re: Re: automatic page sizes?
@ 2004-08-12  9:31   ` Christopher Creutzig
From: Christopher Creutzig @ 2004-08-12  9:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Patrick Gundlach" <patrick@gundla.ch> writes:

> Just look for pervert idiot on the archive ;-) Perhaps this is what
> you need.

 Thanks indeed.  It seems I really need to practice finding the
proper search keywords. :-))

> http://archive.contextgarden.net/search/19990812.125722.00000000@pervert,idiot.html

 Oh, by the way: The links inside the archive (e.g., the "previous"
and "next" buttons) for me sometimes(??) have the "@" sign
"spam-protected", so lurker says, "Bad request
(2004...%20%3Cat%3E%20page.html): The given parameter was not of the
correct format. ..."

--
    +--+
   +--+|
   |+-|+            Christopher Creutzig (ccr@mupad.de)
   +--+                     Tel.: 05251-60-5525

* Re: automatic page sizes?
@ 2004-08-12  9:39     ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2004-08-12  9:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

[...]

>  Oh, by the way: The links inside the archive (e.g., the "previous"
> and "next" buttons) for me sometimes(??) have the "@" sign
> "spam-protected", so lurker says, "Bad request
> (2004...%20%3Cat%3E%20page.html): The given parameter was not of the
> correct format. ..."

I guess my spam protection is too eager to munge all @ appearing in
email addresses. I'll look into it.

Patrick