* \type and linebreak (again)
@ 2011-05-23  9:59 Andreas Schneider
From: Andreas Schneider @ 2011-05-23  9:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi,

I  stumbled  across  the  same problem that was discussed earlier this
month:  \type  doesn't break, even if there are opportunities. I tried
to follow the suggestions given in that thread, but with no success:

\setuppapersize[A4][A4]

\starttext
        \setuptype[space=stretch]
        %\setupalign[stretch]
        %\setuptolerance[stretch]
        \type{cp $SOMEVAR/some/very/very/very/long/directory/WITHFILE $SOMEVAR/other/long/directory}
        \startitemize
                \item \type{cp $SOMEVAR/some/very/very/very/long/directory/WITHFILE $SOMEVAR/other/long/directory}
        \stopitemize
\stoptext

I  tried  with  and  without the \setupalign/\setuptolerance commands,
without  success;  both lines exceed the margins. (Tested with ConTeXt
ver: 2011.05.18 22:26 MKIV fmt: 2011.5.23)

Is  there anything else I can do/setup to get such long verbatim lines
broken?  I  would  also like an option for character-based line wraps;
i.e.  it  should (optionally; not in this particular case for example)
break  a word even in the middle if necessary, and without hyphenation
mark.  Especially  in  similar  cases  where  I  have a very very long
directory name, I wouldn't care if it gets broken "the hard way".

Thanks in advance!

--
Best Regards,
Andreas

* Re: \type and linebreak (again)
@ 2011-05-23 10:11 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2011-05-23 10:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 23.05.2011 um 11:59 schrieb Andreas Schneider:

> Hi,
>
> I  stumbled  across  the  same problem that was discussed earlier this
> month:  \type  doesn't break, even if there are opportunities. I tried
> to follow the suggestions given in that thread, but with no success:
>
> \setuppapersize[A4][A4]
>
> \starttext
>        \setuptype[space=stretch]
>        %\setupalign[stretch]
>        %\setuptolerance[stretch]
>        \type{cp $SOMEVAR/some/very/very/very/long/directory/WITHFILE $SOMEVAR/other/long/directory}
>        \startitemize
>                \item \type{cp $SOMEVAR/some/very/very/very/long/directory/WITHFILE $SOMEVAR/other/long/directory}
>        \stopitemize
> \stoptext
>

> I  tried  with  and  without the \setupalign/\setuptolerance commands,
> without  success;  both lines exceed the margins. (Tested with ConTeXt
> ver: 2011.05.18 22:26 MKIV fmt: 2011.5.23)
>
> Is  there anything else I can do/setup to get such long verbatim lines
> broken?  I  would  also like an option for character-based line wraps;
> i.e.  it  should (optionally; not in this particular case for example)
> break  a word even in the middle if necessary, and without hyphenation
> mark.  Especially  in  similar  cases  where  I  have a very very long
> directory name, I wouldn't care if it gets broken "the hard way".

\filename{cp \$SOMEVAR/some/very/very/very/long/directory/WITHFILE \$SOMEVAR/other/long/directory}

Wolfgang

* Re: \type and linebreak (again)
@ 2011-05-23 10:54   ` Andreas Schneider
From: Andreas Schneider @ 2011-05-23 10:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Monday, May 23, 2011 12:11 Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> \filename{cp \$SOMEVAR/some/very/very/very/long/directory/WITHFILE \$SOMEVAR/other/long/directory}

> Wolfgang

It's kinda depressing how easy some solutions are, that one could have
found themselves if one just looked beyond the own walls.

Thank you for that fast answer and the perfect solution :-)

--
Best Regards,
Andreas

* Re: \type and linebreak (again)
@ 2011-05-23 13:20     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2011-05-23 13:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 23.05.2011 um 12:54 schrieb Andreas Schneider:

> On Monday, May 23, 2011 12:11 Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
>
>> \filename{cp \$SOMEVAR/some/very/very/very/long/directory/WITHFILE \$SOMEVAR/other/long/directory}
>
>> Wolfgang
>
> It's kinda depressing how easy some solutions are, that one could have
> found themselves if one just looked beyond the own walls.

There is also \hyphenatedfilename which use the current font
unlike \filename which use the monospaced font.

Wolfgang