From: Taco Hoekwater <taco@elvenkind.com>
Subject: Re: Construct tables column after column
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2018 13:23:43 +0200	[thread overview]

Hi,

This is a funny bit of synchronicity. I made exactly the same request
for extreme tables (\startxtable) during the ConTeXt meeting. Would
xtables work for you as well? It would be easier for Hans to set it up
in that because a) bTABLE is ‘like html’ which would not allow a swap
like that and b) xtable has explicits command for rows and cells, but
not columns, so that could be added without any extra effort and confusion.

Best wishes,
Taco

> On 10 Sep 2018, at 12:47, Jan Willem Flamma <register12c@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Dear list members,
>
> Table are constructed row after row like in the code below:
>
> Building up a table row after row
> \par
> \bTABLE
>    \bTR
>        \bTC Row 1, Column 1 \eTC
>        \bTC Row 1, Column 2 \eTC
>    \eTR
>    \bTR
>        \bTC Row 2, Column 1 \eTC
>        \bTC Row 2, Column 2 \eTC
>    \eTR
> \eTABLE
>
> But is it possible to construct tables column after column?
> (The code below does not generate output. I merely switched the xTC and xTR to illustate the idea)
>
> Building up a table column after column
> \par
> \bTABLE
>    \bTC