* Start an itemized list with a given number
@ 2014-12-30 17:38 Eric Gerard
From: Eric Gerard @ 2014-12-30 17:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hello everybody and thanks in advance for your advice,

I’m unable to find in the documentation and in the wiki the way to start an itemized list with a number different from 1, for instance with 3.

What I want to achieve is something like:

Insert the key
Try to turn the key
	If key is working
	3.  Open the door
	If key is not working
	3.  Change key
	4.  Goto step 1
So what is the way to start the list after « If key is not working » with the number 3 ?

Eric Gerard

* Re: Start an itemized list with a given number
@ 2014-12-30 18:09 ` Alan Bowen
From: Alan Bowen @ 2014-12-30 18:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

This seems to work:

\startitemize[n]
\item Insert the key
\item Try to turn the key
\stopitemize
If key is working
\startitemize[n,continue]
\item Open the door
\stopitemize

If key is not working
\setupitemize[start=3] %%  <============
\startitemize[n]
\item  Change key
\item Goto step 1
\stopitemize

Alan

@ 2014-12-30 18:10 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2014-12-30 18:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Am 30.12.2014 um 18:38 schrieb Eric Gerard <eric.b.gerard@gmail.com>:
>
> Hello everybody and thanks in advance for your advice,
>
> I’m unable to find in the documentation and in the wiki the way to start an itemized list with a number different from 1, for instance with 3.
>
> What I want to achieve is something like:
>
> Insert the key
> Try to turn the key
> 	If key is working
> 	3.  Open the door
> 	If key is not working
> 	3.  Change key
> 	4.  Goto step 1
> So what is the way to start the list after « If key is not working » with the number 3 ?

You increment the number from a previous item with the “continue” keyword
and set a different value for the first item in a list with the “start” key.

\starttext

\startitemize[n,packed]
\item Insert the key
\item Try to turn the key
\stopitemize

If key is working

\startitemize[n,packed,continue]
\item Open the door
\stopitemize

If key is not working

\startitemize[n,packed][start=3]
\item Change key
\item Goto step 1
\stopitemize

\stoptext

Wolfgang

* Re: Start an itemized list with a given number
@ 2015-01-02 21:31 Eric Gerard
From: Eric Gerard @ 2015-01-02 21:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context