* Verbatim in framed text
@ 2011-09-20 15:50 Felix Ingram
From: Felix Ingram @ 2011-09-20 15:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Some of my verbatim lines are overflowing the framed text box I'm
putting them in. I see that I could define a pretty printer to handle
this but I came up with the following:

\starttext
\startframedtext[middle][width=.8\textwidth]
\startframedtext[left][frame=off, width=.6\textwidth]
\starttyping
import x
from x import y
for z in b:
    print dfdg
Some text
Some text
Some text
Some text
Some really long text Some really long text Some really long text Some
really long text Some really longtextSomereallylong text Some really
long text Some really long text Some really long text Some really long
text Some really long text
\stoptyping
\stopframedtext
\stopframedtext
\stoptext

This works but seems like cheating.

Is there a better third way I could try, or could someone point to a
mkiv pretty printer example I could study?

Many thanks,

Felix

* Re: Verbatim in framed text
@ 2011-09-21 11:09 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2011-09-21 11:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 20.09.2011 um 17:50 schrieb Felix Ingram:

> Some of my verbatim lines are overflowing the framed text box I'm
> putting them in. I see that I could define a pretty printer to handle
> this but I came up with the following:
>

> \starttext
> \startframedtext[middle][width=.8\textwidth]
> \startframedtext[left][frame=off, width=.6\textwidth]
> \starttyping
> import x
> from x import y
> for z in b:
>    print dfdg
> Some text
> Some text
> Some text
> Some text
> Some really long text Some really long text Some really long text Some
> really long text Some really longtextSomereallylong text Some really
> long text Some really long text Some really long text Some really long
> text Some really long text
> \stoptyping
> \stopframedtext
> \stopframedtext
> \stoptext
>

> This works but seems like cheating.
>
> Is there a better third way I could try, or could someone point to a
> mkiv pretty printer example I could study?

Change the alignment of the verbatim text with “\setuptyping[align=flushleft]”.

Wolfgang

* Re: Verbatim in framed text
@ 2011-09-22 16:10 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2011-09-22 16:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 22.09.2011 um 12:54 schrieb Felix Ingram:

>> Am 20.09.2011 um 17:50 schrieb Felix Ingram:
>>
>>> Some of my verbatim lines are overflowing the framed text box I'm
>>> putting them in. I see that I could define a pretty printer to handle
>>> this but I came up with the following:
>>>

>>> \starttext
>>> \startframedtext[middle][width=.8\textwidth]
>>> \startframedtext[left][frame=off, width=.6\textwidth]
>>> \starttyping
>>> import x
>>> from x import y
>>> for z in b:
>>>    print dfdg
>>> Some text
>>> Some text
>>> Some text
>>> Some text
>>> Some really long text Some really long text Some really long text Some
>>> really long text Some really longtextSomereallylong text Some really
>>> long text Some really long text Some really long text Some really long
>>> text Some really long text
>>> \stoptyping
>>> \stopframedtext
>>> \stopframedtext
>>> \stoptext
>>>

>>> This works but seems like cheating.
>>>
>>> Is there a better third way I could try, or could someone point to a
>>> mkiv pretty printer example I could study?
>>
>> Change the alignment of the verbatim text with “\setuptyping[align=flushleft]”.
>
> This has helped unless I have some particularly long words towards the
> right of the frame. I will use a combination of flushleft plus some
> pre-processing.

You can use “align={flushleft,broad}” which get sometimes better result with ragged text.

Wolfgang

* Re: Verbatim in framed text
@ 2011-09-22 10:54 Felix Ingram
From: Felix Ingram @ 2011-09-22 10:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

> Am 20.09.2011 um 17:50 schrieb Felix Ingram:
>
>> Some of my verbatim lines are overflowing the framed text box I'm
>> putting them in. I see that I could define a pretty printer to handle
>> this but I came up with the following:
>>

>> \starttext
>> \startframedtext[middle][width=.8\textwidth]
>> \startframedtext[left][frame=off, width=.6\textwidth]
>> \starttyping
>> import x
>> from x import y
>> for z in b:
>>    print dfdg
>> Some text
>> Some text
>> Some text
>> Some text
>> Some really long text Some really long text Some really long text Some
>> really long text Some really longtextSomereallylong text Some really
>> long text Some really long text Some really long text Some really long
>> text Some really long text
>> \stoptyping
>> \stopframedtext
>> \stopframedtext
>> \stoptext
>>

>> This works but seems like cheating.
>>
>> Is there a better third way I could try, or could someone point to a
>> mkiv pretty printer example I could study?
>
> Change the alignment of the verbatim text with “\setuptyping[align=flushleft]”.

This has helped unless I have some particularly long words towards the
right of the frame. I will use a combination of flushleft plus some
pre-processing.

Thanks for the help,

Felix