Hi, as the subject says: I am still confused about widths of TABLE tables. \bTABLE % [option=stretch] \bTR \bTD A \eTD \bTD A \eTD \eTR \bTR \bTD[nc=2] %\hbox{A very very long text in one line, perhaps more} A very very long text in one line, perhaps more \eTD \eTR \eTABLE what I'd like to get is a table that is as wide as the text in the second row (A very very long text in one line, perhaps more) or at most the line width and the other two cells (the first line) stretched to mach that width (see image). I am pretty sure that this is possible, but how?!? Patrick