* Italic page number.
@ 2012-08-05  0:37 john Culleton
From: john Culleton @ 2012-08-05  0:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

IMO the following code should result in an italic iii on the
contents page. Instead I get a roman 1.
-------------------
\startfrontmatter
\setuppagenumbering[alternative=doublesided,conversion=romannumerals]
\setuppagenumber[number=iii]
\setuppagenumber[state=start]
\completecontent
------------------------------
I have tried variations such as a single \setupagenumber with two
parameters, using \page[iii] instead and so on.

This ought to be a smple task: start page numbering on the
contents page with iii. But I haven't mastered it yet.
--
John Culleton
Free list of books for self-publishers:

* Re: Italic page number.
@ 2012-08-05  7:39 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2012-08-05  7:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 05.08.2012 um 02:37 schrieb john Culleton <John@wexfordpress.com>:

> IMO the following code should result in an italic iii on the
> contents page. Instead I get a roman 1.
> -------------------
> \startfrontmatter
> \setuppagenumbering[alternative=doublesided,conversion=romannumerals]
> \setuppagenumber[number=iii]
> \setuppagenumber[state=start]
> \completecontent
> ------------------------------
> I have tried variations such as a single \setupagenumber with two
> parameters, using \page[iii] instead and so on.
>
> This ought to be a smple task: start page numbering on the
> contents page with iii. But I haven't mastered it yet.

% You can use this instead of \setuppagenumbering[numberconversion=romannumerals]
% to set the conversion of the pagenumber outside of the sectionblock environment,
% the first argument takes the name of the conversion which is applied to the
% userpage counter with \setupcounter[userpage][numberconversionset=pagenumber].
%
% You can set a conversion for a certain sectionblock when you write the name
% of the block before the name of the conversion set separated by a “:”.
%
%\defineconversionset[frontpart:pagenumber][][romannumerals]

\startsectionblockenvironment[frontpart]

\setuppagenumbering[numberconversion=romannumerals]

\setcounter[userpage][3]

\stopsectionblockenvironment

\startsectionblockenvironment[bodypart]

\setcounter[userpage][1]

\stopsectionblockenvironment

\starttext

\startfrontmatter

\completecontent

\stopfrontmatter

\startbodymatter

\dorecurse{100}
  {\chapter{Chapter #1}
   \dorecurse{5}
     {\section{Section #1.##1}}}

\stoptext

BTW: Send next time a complete minimal example.

Wolfgang

* Re: Italic page number.
@ 2012-08-05 14:33   ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2012-08-05 14:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 05.08.2012 um 09:39 schrieb Wolfgang Schuster <wolfgang.schuster@gmail.com>:

> \setuppagenumbering[alternative=doublesided]
>
> % You can use this instead of \setuppagenumbering[numberconversion=romannumerals]
> % to set the conversion of the pagenumber outside of the sectionblock environment,
> % the first argument takes the name of the conversion which is applied to the
> % userpage counter with \setupcounter[userpage][numberconversionset=pagenumber].
> %
> % You can set a conversion for a certain sectionblock when you write the name
> % of the block before the name of the conversion set separated by a “:”.
> %
> %\defineconversionset[frontpart:pagenumber][][romannumerals]
>
> \startsectionblockenvironment[frontpart]
>
> \setuppagenumbering[numberconversion=romannumerals]

This has to be (wrong command for the conversion and missing style for the numbers):

\setuppagenumbering [style=italic]
\setupuserpagenumber[numberconversion=romannumerals] % you can also use \setuppagenumber which is a synonym for \setupuserpagenumber

Wolfgang

* Re: Italic page number.
@ 2012-08-07 14:22   ` john Culleton
From: john Culleton @ 2012-08-07 14:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On Sun, 5 Aug 2012 09:39:24 +0200
Wolfgang Schuster <wolfgang.schuster@gmail.com> wrote:

> Am 05.08.2012 um 02:37 schrieb john Culleton <John@wexfordpress.com>:
>
> > IMO the following code should result in an italic iii on the
> > contents page. Instead I get a roman 1.
> > -------------------
> > \startfrontmatter
> > \setuppagenumbering[alternative=doublesided,conversion=romannumerals]
> > \setuppagenumber[number=iii]
> > \setuppagenumber[state=start]
> > \completecontent
> > ------------------------------
> > I have tried variations such as a single \setupagenumber with two
> > parameters, using \page[iii] instead and so on.
> >
> > This ought to be a smple task: start page numbering on the
> > contents page with iii. But I haven't mastered it yet.
>
> \setuppagenumbering[alternative=doublesided]
>
> % You can use this instead of
> \setuppagenumbering[numberconversion=romannumerals] % to set the
> conversion of the pagenumber outside of the sectionblock environment,
> % the first argument takes the name of the conversion which is
> applied to the % userpage counter with
> \setupcounter[userpage][numberconversionset=pagenumber]. % % You can
> set a conversion for a certain sectionblock when you write the name %
> of the block before the name of the conversion set separated by a
> ___:___. %
> %\defineconversionset[frontpart:pagenumber][][romannumerals]
>
> \startsectionblockenvironment[frontpart]
>
> \setuppagenumbering[numberconversion=romannumerals]
>
> \setcounter[userpage][3]
>
> \stopsectionblockenvironment
>
> \startsectionblockenvironment[bodypart]
>
> \setcounter[userpage][1]
>
> \stopsectionblockenvironment
>
> \starttext
>
> \startfrontmatter
>
> \completecontent
>
> \stopfrontmatter
>
> \startbodymatter
>
> \dorecurse{100}
>   {\chapter{Chapter #1}
>    \dorecurse{5}
>      {\section{Section #1.##1}}}
>
> \stoptext
>
> BTW: Send next time a complete minimal example.
>
> Wolfgang

Thanks very much. Playing with your code I discovered that if I use:
 \defineconversionset[frontpart:pagenumber][][romannumerals]
in your example then the following statement is not needed
\setuppagenumbering[numberconversion=romannumerals]

but not vice versa. So the last statement quoted is defective in some
way or so it seems to me. In any case I now have code that works. Is
the command \defineconversionset documented anywhere or do I have to dig
into the macro code?

--

@ 2012-08-07 15:44     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2012-08-07 15:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 07.08.2012 um 16:22 schrieb john Culleton <John@wexfordpress.com>:

> On Sun, 5 Aug 2012 09:39:24 +0200
> Wolfgang Schuster <wolfgang.schuster@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Am 05.08.2012 um 02:37 schrieb john Culleton <John@wexfordpress.com>:
>>
>>> IMO the following code should result in an italic iii on the
>>> contents page. Instead I get a roman 1.
>>> -------------------
>>> \startfrontmatter
>>> \setuppagenumbering[alternative=doublesided,conversion=romannumerals]
>>> \setuppagenumber[number=iii]
>>> \setuppagenumber[state=start]
>>> \completecontent
>>> ------------------------------
>>> I have tried variations such as a single \setupagenumber with two
>>> parameters, using \page[iii] instead and so on.
>>>
>>> This ought to be a smple task: start page numbering on the
>>> contents page with iii. But I haven't mastered it yet.
>>
>> \setuppagenumbering[alternative=doublesided]
>>
>> % You can use this instead of
>> \setuppagenumbering[numberconversion=romannumerals] % to set the
>> conversion of the pagenumber outside of the sectionblock environment,
>> % the first argument takes the name of the conversion which is
>> applied to the % userpage counter with
>> \setupcounter[userpage][numberconversionset=pagenumber]. % % You can
>> set a conversion for a certain sectionblock when you write the name %
>> of the block before the name of the conversion set separated by a
>> ___:___. %
>> %\defineconversionset[frontpart:pagenumber][][romannumerals]
>>
>> \startsectionblockenvironment[frontpart]
>>
>> \setuppagenumbering[numberconversion=romannumerals]
>>
>> \setcounter[userpage][3]
>>
>> \stopsectionblockenvironment
>>
>> \startsectionblockenvironment[bodypart]
>>
>> \setcounter[userpage][1]
>>
>> \stopsectionblockenvironment
>>
>> \starttext
>>
>> \startfrontmatter
>>
>> \completecontent
>>
>> \stopfrontmatter
>>
>> \startbodymatter
>>
>> \dorecurse{100}
>>  {\chapter{Chapter #1}
>>   \dorecurse{5}
>>     {\section{Section #1.##1}}}
>>
>> \stoptext
>>
>> BTW: Send next time a complete minimal example.
>>
>> Wolfgang
>>
> Thanks very much. Playing with your code I discovered that if I use:
> \defineconversionset[frontpart:pagenumber][][romannumerals]
> in your example then the following statement is not needed
> \setuppagenumbering[numberconversion=romannumerals]
>
> but not vice versa. So the last statement quoted is defective in some
> way or so it seems to me. In any case I now have code that works.

See my other mail for the correct usage of numberconversion.

> Is the command \defineconversionset documented anywhere or do I have to dig
> into the macro code?

You can find a explanation of the command in the mail archive but you have
to look for old name \definestructureconverionset.

Wolfgang